cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete mass amount of data from FF Logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know a good way to delete a mass amount of data from the FF logs?

We have a large amount of data on our FF log tables and want to remove some of it.  (Our ZFFTNSLOG table has over 18 million records and the ZFFCDHDR table has over 242 million.)  I tried using the Archive function found on Administration->Archive->Delete/Download Log but because of the amount of data it will only let me delete about two weeks (roughly about 40,000 records) at a time.  Since I have about six years of data to remove, this isn't a real practical solution.

As a possible alternative, we could maybe get by with just getting rid of the change details.  Does anyone know if we can delete all of the records from the ZFFCDHDR table without messing up our FF log reporting ability?

I also looked at running the FFArchive job, but it looks like it would delete all FF data, which we don't want to do for Audit reasons.  We just want to get rid of older data.

We are on GRC 5.3 SP 18.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check:

Note 1041912 - Firefighter Best
Practice Archiving Strategy

And section "Archived Data for Log Reports" in the configuration guide, pag. 90:

http://service.sap.com/instguides ->  SAP BusinessObjects -> SAP BusinessObjects Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) -> Access Control -> SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 -> SAP GRC Access Control 5.3.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I must be missing something because I had already checked the config guide and the sap note you mentioned and did not see anything to help with my situation.  Please identify the specific sections of these documents that apply.

As I stated in my original post, my problem is that I have a massive amount of data to remove from the FF logs.  The Delete/Download Log function will only let me delete about two weeks of data at a time.  Since I have about 6 years of data to remove, that means I would have to run this about 150 times.  Not really a practical solution.

Trying to find out if anyone has been in a similar situation, and what their solution was.

Also, as I mentioned another possible acceptable solution might be if I can just get rid of the detail information that is on the ZFFCDHDR table.  Since it is an optional configuration setting on whether this type of data is captured by FF, I would think we should then be able to get rid of some of the data currently on the table.

Has anyone tried this?  Would this cause problems with the FF Log Report functions?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

What are the steps thet you're following in order to archive? have you also checked 1636952 - Option to choose an archive period for EAM log ???

you should be able to select a date range as stated in the note

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the same path as referenced in the note: Administration > Archive > Download/Delete Log.

I'm still not sure you are clear on the exactly what problem I am trying to solve.  I know how to use the normal FF Log Archive function to put in a date range, but this function will only let me archive about two weeks of data at a time.  Any more than that and it will fail with either a space or time limitation.

I have a couple of hundred-million records to Archive, so I'm trying to find a better solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

The archiving/ deleting function is simple, and I think it isn't prepared to archive such huge number of records. I mean, the tool isn't as powerfull as archiving using tx. SARA.

Maybe someone has faced a simmilar problem and gives you some hints, but the number of entries in the tables is very large. I don't know the number of users you're working with, but with these numbers I think that therre's a excesive use of FF.

Anyway, I'd contact SAP Support in order to get another idea in how to solve the issue.

Cheers,

Diego.