Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning in currencies instead of volumes: possible in APO

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi APO people,

I have some questions regarding capabilities of APO:

1. Is it possible to do sales forecast planning in currency instead of volume? What about conversion between units and amounts in currency?

2. As APO has BW component built in. Can I developed planing application based on BW-IP technology in APO?

Thanks, martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin

In general you want to minimally use the built in BW datamart within APO. Some reasons can be found in OSS note 458131.

It might or might not be technically feasible to build IP applications in APO, but if you do face issues, SAP is unlikely to support you since APO is not designed for this.

Rishi Menon

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for info. Based on the Note you provided I further researched on SMP and found materials saying that embedded BW is used by APO planning scenarios and is not meant to be used for the reporting.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

1 - APO DP forecast run does not care the unit of the data (amounts or currency).
If you want, you can use currencies as the input data for forecast.
Usually customers add a key figure to show currency data according to sales history.
The calculation from sales history (amounts) to currencies is done by macros. The calculation is defined by customers themselves.

2 - No idea about this. Though there's an internal BW system in APO, normally we do not touch it directly. Everything is done by the system automatically. So I suppose there may be some risk of data inconsistency if you touch the BW in APO with customizing code ....

Best Regards,
Ada