cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Pegging Not Achieved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using APO PPDS for factory scheduling. We are doing planning run in ECC & CIF all planned orders to APO for doing the scheduling using different heuristics ( Schedule Sequence). System scheduled the order as per available finite capacity but we are not able to achieved the basic requirement which is FG planned orders must scheduled only after the corresponding SFG planned orders are completed.

In some case it is happening (SFG produce before FG) but in some cases  (both case 1:1 n 1: Many- case of common blend SFG, meaning 1 SFG order used to produce more than 1 FG order) system disrespect the pegging relationship. We are in a MTS scenario.

To achieve the pegging relationship between FG & corresponding SFG, we have tried the following steps.

• SPRO-APO-Supply Chain Planning-PPDS-Global Setting-Maintain Global Parameter & Defaults

Active Fixed Pegging- 2 Fixed Pegging Active at Product Level

• Product Master- Demand Tab- Fix Pegging Field -1 (Fix Pegging is Active for Product)
  • Running Fixed Pegging Heuristic SAP_PP_019 (tried all batch to batch, User Defined Setting & Dynamic Pegging) / Bottom Up Heuristic

• Than run the schedule sequence Heuristic

But not able to achieve fixed pegging (FG is not scheduled before right quantity of corresponding SFG is scheduled) in DS Planning board.

Please suggest, if i am missing some setting or do i need to run another heuristic to achieve Fixed Pegging.

Appreciate your concern.

Regards,

Balraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balraj,

To be able to create fixed pegging relationships on multiple levels, heuristic SAP_PP_019 must be included in the MRP heuristic SAP_MRP_001. Before creating the fixed pegging relationships, the heuristic SAP_PP_011 (Delete Fixed Pegging Relationships) can be executed to ensure that you have a defined status of fixed pegging relationships.

Following is a simple procedure for initial scheduling of your FG.

1. Change the heuristic settings for heuristic SAP_MRP_001 Product Planning (Comp.acc LLevl Code),  by setting the selection Other Heuristic and either entering SAP_PP_019  in the field Heuristic or creating a new heuristic on the basis of the MRP heuristic.

2. Access the production planning run  and define the following processing steps:

01SAP_PP_011 (Delete Fixed Pegging Relationships)
02SAP_PP_020 (Stage-Numbering Algorithm)
03SAP_MRP_001 Product Planning (Comp.acc LLevl Code)

3. Select the finished products for which you want to create a pegging structure as planning objects

With this procedure, you may not require to setup your master data to have fixed pegging relationships always as specified in your email.

Optional: If you need to adjust this schedule at FG due to changes in SFG or raw materials levels, you may need to execute another planning run. (Assumption: Pegging network was not broken when you execute the reschedule planning run)

Change the heuristic settings for heuristic SAP_MRP_001 Product Planning (Comp.acc LLevl Code),  by setting the selection Other Heuristic and either entering SAP_PP_009  in the field Heuristic or creating a new heuristic on the basis of the MRP heuristic.

01SAP_PP_020 (Stage-Numbering Algorithm)
02SAP_MRP_001 Product Planning (Comp.acc LLevl Code)

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanx for your reply.

But I am not doing a planning run in APO. Right now we are not going for SNP & we are doing a planning run in ECC for all supply chain node. Through CIF the planned order will appear in APO, where we try to schedule it finitely.

Are you suggesting for doing a planning run in APO itself, if yes than we need to change the processes. We have to enter the forecast in Apo system directly.

Changing process is not an issue if we can achieve fixed pegging with changed process.

Thanx

Balraj

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balraj,

My apologies, I forgot to mention this point in my response. Since planned order is a receipt element, we need to have requirements as well in the system to establish the pegging relationship. If your objective is to have multilevel fixed pegging relationships, you need to execute the production planning run in APO. Please CIF over your demand/forecast, stock, and PDS to APO, execute the planning run, and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry for delayed reply but still I am not able to achieve the fixed pegging between FG & SFG.

Please suggest any other way out.

Thanx

Balraj

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balraj,

No issues.

Could you please describe the entire process and master data settings?  Probably, we are missing something very basic.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Here is the process & master data setting once again.

Process:

We are using APO PPDS for factory scheduling. We are doing planning run in ECC & CIF all planned orders to APO for doing the scheduling using different heuristics.

System scheduled the order as per available finite capacity but we are not able to achieved the basic requirement which is FG planned orders must be scheduled only after the corresponding SFG planned orders are completed.

In some case where we have single level BOM ( only 1 SFG down the level) pegging is happening (SFG produce before FG) but if we have multilevel BOM or same SFG correspond to two or more than 2 FG, system disrespect the pegging relationship. We are in a MTS scenario.

Master Data Setting:

To achieve the pegging relationship between FG & corresponding SFG, we have maintained the following master data settings.

1. SPRO-APO-Supply Chain Planning-PPDS-Global Setting-Maintain Global Parameter & Defaults Active Fixed Pegging- 2 Fixed Pegging Active at Product Level
  2. Product Master- Demand Tab- Fix Pegging Field -1 (Fix Pegging is Active for Product)
  3. Requirement Strategy –
    • Proposed Strategy 10 
    • Always Collective Requirement
    • Planning Procedure – 4Planning in Planning run

I have tried the step suggested by you but it didn’t work out. Though to achieve multilevel pegging, heuristic suggested by you seems must.

I have able to achieve the pegging relationship for single level BOM through following steps.

1. Rescheduling with full set of data with  earliest date, find slot, select any mode, pl direction fw, fixed pegging- always considered, dynamic pegging – do not consider & scheduling sequence on requirement date.
  2. Run a fixed pegging heuristic SAP_PP_019on SFG & FG only single level (excluding the products having multi-level BOM)
  3. Than running  Schedule sequencing heuristic SAP001 on FG product only.

After achieving fixed pegging for all product (single & multi level), I have to do a sort of campaigning for similar product in 15 days period as well.

Really appreciate your concern & thanx in advance.

Regards,

Balraj