cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is overflow & Heavy/Large storage areas and how to define?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know,

What is overflow and Heavy/ large storage areas in WM?

In which scenario these two areas will be required?

How to define them?

What parameters do i need to maintain for defining them?

Please explain.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I'm getting it correctly..

Overflow storage used only if the regular storage areas are full of it's capacity. In one of scenario we used it for the seasonal storage of products. In particular season (period) business required more storage space to accommodate newly produced pallets. This storage areas are defined similar to stock storage types. We may add this storage type to the placement strategy after regular storage type. We can also use special movement indicator to place such material direct to this storage type.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not able to find exact overflow concept.For bulk storage area you can define capacity check .If it will cross the capacity then it will not allow you to place the stock.You can see in open storage type capacity check indicator.

====================================================================

Define Bulk Storage Area

If a bulk storage area is managed with storage units (SU), this means than the stock in this area is managed at storage unit level.  In contrast to a bulk storage area without SU management, several quants are managed here in one storage bin.

For each bulk storage area with SU management, certain parameters need to be maintained in addition to the "standard" bulk storage definition in order to ensure that stock placements and removals can be processed correctly in the system.

For each bulk storage type managed with storage units, you must define the following data:

• at which level is the totals information to be managed?
  • should the system optimize the removal of partial storage units (storage type control, column "Round off")?

Keep these parameters in mind when setting the storage type control.

All further parameters, such as the activation of the storage type or the definition of the bulk storage structures, can be entered as described in the chapter Define bulk storage area.

Actions

1. 1. Decide whether or not you want to use this stock placement strategy.
  2. 2. Activate the stock placement strategy in the
  3. detail screen
  4. for storage type control.
  5. 3. Define the storage type control for bulk storage.
  6. 4. Define the bulk storage indicators.  For this purpose, refer to the instructions in the chapter
  7. "Define bulk storage indicators"
  8. .
  9. 5. Block/row structures
  10. You define blocks/rows by setting the number of stacks and the stack height. The system then calculates the maximum number of storage units as the product of these two values.  You can reduce this maximum number if required.

===========================================================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Am very much aware of bulk and open storage areas. I need to know about the above mentioned storage areas and how can we define them?