cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Configuration of SAP Solution Manager After System Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team

My enviroment has an SAP Solution manager 4.0 and 3 ERP systems (DEV, QAS & PRD). These were previously running on Oracle 10.2.0.2/Solaris 10 but have since been migrated to  an new hardware platform  on Oracle 10.2.0.2/AIX 6.1 via a heterogenous system copy

Since migration some functions is Solution manager have never worked  e.g. earlywatch reports have never been generated since migration

I have also realised that in transaction SMSY - > System Landscape -> Landscape components , the technical data (IP addresses, for the instances is incorrect. ie the data displayed from the  former servers (SUN) as opposed to the current servers(IBM)  where the system is running from .

This applies to all Landscape compoments ie  servers, databases, system and system components

Kindly advice on how this situation can be recified. My experience in Solution Manager is minimal

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It seems you have a pretty old version of solution manager. The latest is 7.1 SP5.

For your question, after you migrate to the new platform, you have to re-configure the SMDAgents on your managed system. Run the following command for each agent to let it know Solution Manager's address has been changed:

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<J2ee_Message_server_hostname>" port:"<http_port_message_server>" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"xxxxxx"

Once the SMDAgents re-connected to your solution manager, the EWA function should be recovered.

Answers (0)