cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide a field in ADOBE Form ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have created Customized Adobe Form which is a copy of Standard Form. In that form there is Quantity Field. If that field is initial at table level means that field is having no value that time its showing "0.00". How to show blank Quantity field when there is no values.

Kindly suggest.Is there any scripting need to do?

Thanks,

Paresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you are trying to clear the field from "0.00" not hide the field; correct?

If so, you should use a text field not a number field. Move the value into the text field in the "ready" event only if the amount is not equal to zero. And then copy it back to the number field when the value changes.

vimalv
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Do you want to Hide the field or just make it blank when value is 0.00 ?

1. Hiding: You can do this using Javascript.

In the Data View, select the field you want to hide based on the condition.

Then go to Palletes - > Script Editor.

Select Script as Javascript and enter this in the editor:

if(this.rawValue == null)

{

this.presence = "hidden";

This script will hide the field in runtime if it is initial.

2. If you just want to show a " " value when it is 0.00, then u should make that field a character field.

Write the values with decimal point to it if the value to be populated is not INITIAL, i.e. 0.00. else clear the field.

Then it will appear as not populated or as a BLANK.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Vimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parash,

Try this Java script.

if( this.rawValue == ''){

this.presence = "hidden";

}

else

{

this.presence = "visible";

}

Regards

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Benny ,Thanks for the update..I triied  option provided by you .but  still it is not working

I have one question in script editior i can see may events are there..so please guide me in which i should placed the code..however i tried two three.pleae help me on this.

Let me expain my field position  on the form

I want to validate quntity and amount field from Internal table which may have mulitiple records..so the records which contains 0 value it should print blank ..but now it is printing 0.00..hope you got my scenario. thanks,Paresh