Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qRFC communication thru XI

Peter_Zoellner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i am wondering if it is possible to run an interface for transaction data thru XI that is completely based on qRFC technology. serialization is an absolute must and is performed by the sending system (sending application). notice: i do not want any logic or routing inside XI, the communication is supposed to only run thru XI for monitoring purposes.

Is this possible with current XI functionality? I am most interested in technical feasability.

Regards, peter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

It would depend on whether the target application supports EOIO, but yes it is entirely possible through XI. Quality of service would dbe EOIO on everything.

How would the target system be receiving the messages ?

Peter_Zoellner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention, that by now inbound queues are used only. the setup of the direct (peer to peer) interface (sap standard interface) is the following:

creation of document1 in system A

-> creation of document1 in system B via qRFC by only using inbound queue in system B.

system B keeps track of where document1 came from by application data.

change of document1 in system B

-> change and follow on actions for document1 performed in system A by using qRFC and inbound queue in system A. system B knows the receiving system through application data of the document.

in case document1 cannot be changed or follow on actions performed in system A, queue is stuck in inbound queue of system A.

further changes to document1 in system B result in further queue entries for document1 in system A.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see that using only inbound queue changes anything.

What technology would source and target systems be using in both of these scenarios ? BAPI/RFC, IDoc, proxy, or something else. If source and target application and adapter support EOIO, it will work.

Peter_Zoellner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BAPI/RFC is used in both scenarios.

how do I find out if source and target application and adapter support EOIO?

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at my notes, I don't believe RFC adapter supports EOIO. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.