cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with export in XLSX format

0 Kudos

Hi,

From ALV grid I am trying to downlaod the report in XLSX format in Windows 2007. In "Select Spreadsheet" I choose option: "10-Excel (in office 2007 XLSX format), subsequently another dialog "Save as" is displayed. Here "Save as type" is deafulted as "XML file nm. (*.xls) and in the dorpdown no other options are displayed.

Now how to default "XLSX" in "Save as Type" field of dialog box: :Save as?

My basis componenet release - 7.02.

Highest support package - SAPKB70207.

I have digged deeper in the google, SDN browser & SAP marketplace but in vain.

Thanks,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess SAP Data can be transferred to .xls file only. It can not be transferred to .xlsx.

Data will get transfer to .xlsx but then you need to change the extension to .xls and then only file can be opened.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Rgds,

KK

0 Kudos

Yes, but when i have chosen 10-XLSX format it should deafult XLSX right which is not happening.

Thanks,

Murali.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved this discussion to the Netweaver integration forum, as this is more a technical problem than a MM application problem.

Maybe OSS notes Note 722513 - Desktop Office Integration: Maintenance information

and Note 1080608 - Defining ABAP ALV export format for spreadsheet

can already help you further.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks, i will analyse the notes provided and also wait for the update from Netweaver forum.

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M Balakrishnan

The same issue we overcome recently.  You can run report SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN in SA38.  The Report for Maintenance of ALV Control Data in your SAP system

1) check radio button: delete (under "Actions" tab)

2) delete the user Id from the list who is facing the excel download problem

3) now a new prompt will display at the time of export to excel

4) select radio button "All Available Formats" then option "Excel (in Existing XXL Format) from the list

Hope this will help you. Also refere SAP note :1125812 for further details

0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue resolved with implementation of note 1693607.

Thanks,

Murali

wavilez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I always use option 8 XXL, and it works well, defaulting to xlsx when I save it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried opening in XXL format but the deafaulting XXL only when i save it.

Thanks,

Murali.