Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Connector Proxy Code Generation - Marshaling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SAP Library, which works with the SAP .Net Connector;

All the supported Bapi were generated against one SAP System. (all were Standard BAPIS).

Now we can observe several Systems, where certain calls fail with a 'Marshaling Exception' right out of the SAP .Net Connector; it seems that this has to do with the length and offset attributes for each call's parameters.

So, the question is: do i need to regenerate the Proxies for each SAP System? shouldn't this be the same at least for the Standard Bapi calls ? are there differences between different revisions of a e.g. 4.6 System regarding the BAPICall parameters length and offsets?

Any help appreciated

Marcel Heling

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

I can't understand why offset and length should be different. It can only be you use different versions of SAP system and the Types it self are different between the systems, may be there is an element/property more in the structure ? In this case you could be able to change the values of the Attributes on runtime with use of System.Reflection ?!

Regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

how are you doing ?

for std bapis it is enough to generate the proxy once, and then run them againt any identical system [more importantly version of bapi]

when dealing with custom rfc's, it is critical that the same version is active

with respect,

amit