cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Idoc while using standard content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have AII, OER and PI in my landscape. I am doing a scenario from ECC to AII. I have to import Idoc. I have SWCV Auto ID7.1 My doubt is for the scenario, can I import Idoc to the same SWCV or do I have to create a new SWCV for importing Idoc?

Is there any problem in importing Idoc to the SAP provided SWCV like Auto ID. This was obtained when I downloaded standard content from Service Marketplace

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create your own SWCV and define dependency on SAP standard SWCV. then import IDOC in your custom SWCV.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kumaramar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Generally we should not change the standard content devlivered by SAP and hence the best is to create youw own SWCV and improt idocs as Imported objects by providing connection details to SAP system within SWCV.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best thumb of rule is not altering the SAP Standard Content always. Create new SWVC & import idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should always create a new software component version and import in the ESR.

Also the SWCV should have connection to the SAP system before you import IDOC.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

first you have to import your SWCV In esr from sld what was u created then u ll import idoc under imported objects.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As as rule, you are not expected to modify SAP standard content (whether it is some ABAP code in the system, or SWCV). So as RAJEEV GUPTA already mentioned, define your own SWCV and put all the objects you create yourself (including the IDocs definition, but also mappings or anything you create) in this custom SWCV. Thanks to this, anyone who checks or modifies your development in future, will easily know which parts are standard SAP content and which objects are custom ones.

Regards,
Greg