Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during add a request in STMS

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I encounter error when i tried to add the request in the production server. I suspect this might be because the request does not exist in cofile and data folder. So, I would like to know why the it does not create by itself in the production server?

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Message no. XT200

Diagnosis

An error occurred when executing a tp command.

Command: ADDTOBUFFER DEVK900010 PRD pf=\\swisapfs01\sapmnt\
  Return code: 0247
  Error text: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile
  Request: DEVK900010

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Correct the error and execute the command again if necessary.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure your system to have a common transport directory.

To do that:

1. Share the transport directory /usr/sap/trans of the dev. server using NFS.

If you are using Windows, use the file sharing feature.

Make sure that the prod. server has read/write access to that directory.

2. On the prod. server, make sure you have a backup of the trans directory

just in case you might need to refer to it.

After that, delete the old transport directory.

Just make sure that the path specified in the next step is in UNC format

(\\<hostname>\<trans_dir_path>)

3. Make sure that the parameters TRANS_DIR and/or DIR_TRANS are pointing to the

correct transport directory in RZ10, STMS and TPPARAM. Do not forget to update

the TPPARAM file also since the old TPPARAM file will only contain the info

for the DEV server.

4. if on NT, make sure that SAPServiceSID has full access to transport directory.

make sure that your SAPService account is a member of SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin

5. Test the prod. server using all the available tools in STMS.

validate if everything works by doing an actual transport.

6. In case you face the same issue in SPAM.

In RZ10, check the value or DIR_EPS, you should be able to change the same way

as your TMS problem.

check out also the sapnotes for other info that I might have missed out here. good luck!

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following points..

1. Please check if  K900010.xxx file present in the COLFILES import directory?

2. Is the R900010.xxx file present in the DATA import directory?

Regards

Bhuban

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuban,

Actually the request is not generated in COFILES and DATA folder of production server? May I know why? Is there any steps that I missed out that cause it unable to be generated automatically in the production server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DIR_TRANS is same for your development . quality and production system??

Please check the entry in the transaction code AL11 in all server and also check that the TR is release or not from the source system ( t.code SE10 )

Regards

Bhuban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you should check if you have common trans directory as said by our members

Also please let us where these datafiles and cofiles exists

let us know if you have manually copied them from one location to another location.

there is a chance to the files getting corrupted/ incomplete copy through ftp

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

The cofiles and datafiles exist in the development server but not in the production server. It should exist automatically, as in the current setup, I do not need to copy them manually to the production server. So, I need to know where went wrong, because if I copy the files manually to the production server, the transport can be done successfully. So I assume that the configuration is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have released the transport and it does not create the transport files, then this transport might be a local change request. The quickest way to solve is to create a new transport as copy.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

If I changed the directory to be the same as the production, I'll get the warning message in RZ10.

"Invalid profile parameters detected"

"W:DIR_TRANS directory \\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans does not exist"

Besides, after I changed the parameter DIR_TRANS to be the same as production, when I create another request and release using SE10, I can release the child request, but not the parent request. If I release the parent request, I will encounter this message:

Test call of transport control program (tp) ended with return code 0208

Message no. TK094

Diagnosis

Your transport request could not be exported, since all requirements were not fulfilled.

Calling the transport control program tp
   "tp EXPCHK DEVK900014 pf=\\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_PRD.PFL -Dtransdir="

which checks the export requirements, returned the following information:

Return code from tp: 0208

Error text from tp: Error in \\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_P

System Response

Further processing is terminated.

Procedure

Check the following points:

• Feasibility of the transport control program tp
  • Parameter settings in the transport profile
  • Availability of the transport directory and the subdirectories (cofiles, data, log, sapnames, bin)
  • Write authorization for the subdirectories
  • Write authorization for the files of the subdirectories cofiles, data, log, sapnames

Release the request again when the error has been removed

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I know a request is local or non-local?

Former Member
0 Kudos
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting zig-zag button then it means your transport directories are different. Please press zig-zag button first and it will ftp all data and cofiles of all your requests that are released from quality system and add it into queue of your production system.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

This is the problem, I do not want this extra step. I need the transport request to be able to import directly to the production without me need to do any manual job. So, I'm wondering what is the step that had been missing.

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think my request are all local request. Because I check in SE09, the global information is zero. So, how can I made my request to become global instead of local?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want manual steps then share drive that contains \usr\sap\trans folder of your development system to quality and production system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 options:

1. If the Transport Request has not been released, change the request and add a target system.

2. If the request has been released, use SE01 and create a Transport Request of type Transport of Copies and include objects from the local request.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Actually for the request that had not been released, it already had a target system, which is production system. As for those that already released, I tried create a transport request as suggested, but it prompt out another error: The error also occur when I tried to release the parent request.

Test call of transport control program (tp) ended with return code 0208

Message no. TK094

Diagnosis

Your transport request could not be exported, since all requirements were not fulfilled.

Calling the transport control program tp
   "tp EXPCHK DEVK900014 pf=\\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_PRD.PFL -Dtransdir="

which checks the export requirements, returned the following information:

Return code from tp: 0208

Error text from tp: Error in \\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_P

System Response

Further processing is terminated.

Procedure

Check the following points:

• Feasibility of the transport control program tp
  • Parameter settings in the transport profile
  • Availability of the transport directory and the subdirectories (cofiles, data, log, sapnames, bin)
  • Write authorization for the subdirectories
  • Write authorization for the files of the subdirectories cofiles, data, log, sapnames

Release the request again when the error has been removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to perform/check the things from below note.

Note 28781 - Central transport directory NT/UNIX

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

Former Member
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your /usr/sap/trans directory is common for your landscape ? If not, then you need to first transfer data and cofile to production then only you will be able to add transport request.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

How can I know it is common? How to check it?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Compare DIR_TRANS parameter in your development, quality and production system.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Actually I did not put DIR_TRANS parameter in the this server, however I did put SAPTRANSHOST. Since the default value for DIR_TRANS is \\$(SAPTRANSHOST)\sapmnt\trans, so it will actually substitute the value. As I checked in se38, program RSPARAM, the value is substituted. The value will be the same as in production server. If I add in the parameter DIR_TRANS, it will show me the warning "Parameter value not permitted" "DIR_TRANS directory \\swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans does not exist", but this directory actually exists, so I did not know what went wrong.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. In order to make sure you are using same /usr/sap/trans directory then you can check in your development system if files exists there.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how I check? because I type in the directory /usr/sap/trans of production server in the run from development server, I was able to access the directory. Actually I check all the servers, this directory exists. Is it different on how to check the directory in Windows server because I'm using Windows server for all the servers. Besides, if the OS and MSSQL version in development is different from production server, will it affect the automatic generation of request in COFILE and DATA folder in production server?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very simple. Check if data and cofile exists on development server- /usr/sap/trans directory and if it exists there but not in production server then it means /usr/sap/trans of both servers are different.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually the cofile and data only exists in development server, but not in production server. This situation occurred if I put the transport group of the development server to be the production server transport group. If I put the transport group to be the development transport group, it will generate the cofile and data file in the production server. However, when I add the request, I need to some adjustment before I can transport successfully. I did not record down the message, but I can see a zig-zag icon in front the request.