cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Upgrade error: Last error code set: Unknown macro 'COMPDESTPLV'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if anyone else has run into the same error when upgrading to NW 7.3 BW ABAP system.  During the Downtime phase we receive the following error:

Last error code set: Unknown macro 'COMPDESTPLV'

I have diagnosed the issue down to the 4th line of the ALPALLEND.XML file.  Anyone else know a solution to this issue?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<container name="fileoperation">

<description>Change for release $(SAPDERL)</description>

<if test="!($SAPRELCMP($(SAPDERL),710) == 0) || !($COMPDESTPLV(SAP_BASIS) &lt;= 3)">

<!-- ******************************************************************* -->

<!--        Deletes rslgsend and rslgcoll entries for the uptime         -->

<!-- ******************************************************************* -->

<delete target="Execute_%"> <pattern>*rslgsend*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Execute_%"> <pattern>*rslgcoll*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Start_Program_%"> <pattern>*rslgsend*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Start_Program_%"> <pattern>*rslgcoll*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Start_Program_%"> <pattern>*co.sap*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Start_Program_%"> <pattern>*se.sap*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Execute_%"> <pattern>*co.sap*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="Execute_%"> <pattern>*se.sap*</pattern> </delete>

<delete target="_SE"> </delete>

<delete target="_CO"> </delete>

</if>

</container>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ran into the same issue. Anybody else come across this?

It looks like this script is supposed to run a test on the SP level for SAP_BASIS but the macro wasn't included with the upgrade files so the test of that SP level fails. It looks like all this will do (if it runs) is remove specific entries from the instance profile (which is the old START profile).

According to Note 1432609, it appears that these programs are no longer needed in the instance profile for NW73.

Thanks!

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received a reply back from SAP stating that this is a know issue and use the newest version of SAPup.  I downloaded the newest version of SAPup and restarted the upgrade and everything worked fine.

former_member127764
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,  I'm having the same issue.  Can you tell me the operating system and the file size of the new SAPup file?  We are doing the upgrade on AIX. The SAPup file that I downloaded was the same size of my current one. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel, we utilize AIX (Oracle) as well.  You can find the newest version of SAPup under Software Downloads >> Search for Installations and Upgrades  >> Enter in SAPUP 7.30  >> Results will display 'SAPUP 7.30 UNICODE'  Click the link

In a new window  SAPUP 7.30 UNICODE >> AIX 64bit  >> The file SAPupLMT002_22-20007741.SAR with a date of 14.03.2012

This worked for me and should work for you

former_member127764
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It worked.  I had the wrong file.  Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun, i have something similar issue.. as you said you used the new version of SAPup..

I have a confusion about that.. how did u changed the SAPup during downtime.. did you reverted back everything and started back from scratch..?

Also.. here below is my problem.. if you can put some insights..?

"Checks after phase MAIN_NEWBAS/STARTSAP_NBAS were negative!

Last error code set: Unknown macro 'FN_WORKPRC'<br/> System start failed"

Answers (0)