cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Hierarchy replication from ECC to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SRM 5.0 extended classic , We are maintainig 2 Org structure hierarchies one in SRM and other in ECC for HR , as we have 2 different org structure Users are facing issues and getting confused for their approving manager as its different for HR purpose and different for SRM purpose.

Now I am wondering is this possible to replicate HR hierarchy form ECC to SRM so that there will be single hierarchy and if yes how we can do that.

also if this will be correct approach or will it create further trouble in terms of extra work or process.

Please help.

Thanks

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

It is always best practice to transfer the HR Master Data from  ECC(If User integration from ECC is active) since HR is a leading system for all org units,Postions & Users.

Please follow the steps mentioned in OSS note 550055 &

This will take care of this issue

Thanks & Regards

Madhav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I am checking the note provided by you and come up with some doubts , Pls guide:

1. Not all the HR users require SRM access , if this will create any issue if all the HR users are replicated in SRM? How we can differentiate a HR user by SRM user?

2.In one scenario- for a user having SRM roles the manager maintainde in HR does not require SRM access then how we can deal in such cases for PO approval.presently having different org structures gives us independence to maintain different managers for different requirement.

3.How the system will pick the Purchasing Org and Groups as in HR these are not there.

Full points will be awarded.

Thanks

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sudhir Mishra,

I am in the same position what you described in this thread.  Can you please advise me on the steps you follow for integrating only the SRM users and not all the users from ECC. Also I have a setup already existing in SRM for another plant already where the org structure is independent. Now when I integrated HR org structure for my new plant, whether the existing independent one gets affected. Please help...

Br,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sudhir

only the users assigned to org structure and with proper srm authorized roles can access the SRM, while replicating the HR org structure for the first time you will need to select proper ORG units, jobs ,position and employees, the relation between these four will decide that who can access the SRM system.

coming to purchasing groups and purchasing organizations you have to manually assign them to the SRM org structure

Regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

It is possible to replicate org structure from SRM to ECC.

This can be achieved by following the below two options.

Option 1: You can schedule the report RHALEINI in SRM by maintaining different variants. The variants should be created for object type 1000 and 1001 and for different relationship types. You can schedule this report once daily after the close of business hours as it tries to send the whole org structure by creating IDOCs.

Before scheduling this report, you need to do the config for the following things in SRM.

-- In BD64, maintain and distribute model view for the message type HRMD_ABA (org structure related changes).

-- In WE20, create a partner for ECC system under "Partner Type LS". Maintain message type "HRMD_ABA" under outbound parameters. Go to details and check the radio button "Transfer IDOC immediately" under "Output Mode". This will help to transfer the IDOCs immediately from SRM to ECC as soon as they are created in SRM.

Option 2: Option 1 might create performance issue if the org structure is a complex one having more nodes. In order to overcome this issue, you can distribute the org structure via change pointers. This will replicate only the changes made to the org structure. You need to follow the below config steps in SRM.

-- You can use transaction BD61 or navigate through SPRO --> IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Technical Basic Settings --> ALE Settings (Logical System) --> Distribution (ALE) --> Modelling and Implementing Business Processes --> Master Data Distribution --> Replication of Modified Data --> Activate Change Pointers - Generally.  Tick the option "Change Pointer Activated - generally".

-- Navigate through SPRO --> IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Technical Basic Settings --> ALE Settings (Logical System) --> Distribution (ALE) --> Modelling and Implementing Business Processes --> Master Data Distribution --> Replication of Modified Data --> Activate Change Pointers for Message Types.  Activate for message type HRMD_ABA by ticking the check box.

--> In BD64, create a distribution model for message type of HRMD_ABA and maintain filters for different info types (object type 1000, 1001 , relationship types like A003, A008 etc). Then distribute the model view to ECC.

--> Do the settings in WE20 as explained in the option 1.

--> Schedule the report RBDMIODC in SRM to create the IDOCs from change pointers. This report can be scheduled once or twice daily.

--> Schedule the report RBDAPP01 in ECC to post the incoming IDOCs from SRM.

Please let me know if you need the details to maintain the filters in BD64 for different info types.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Aswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswini,

Apologies for delay...I will check the steps mentioned by you and will get back for help soon.

Thanks

Sudhir