DR Scenario - Interesting !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the middle of DR testing and encountering the below issue

Scenarios :

1. We deployed san (XIV) replication method

2. OS - AIX DB2 9.7 FP2

3. Prod system is on 10.12.*.* network and DR servers  are built on 10.15.*.* network .

4. Host names and the IP address are differennt except for the HA clusters where it as the logical ip and logical name are same at the Prod site and at the DR site . We have two application servers as well which initially built on 10.12.* network and when switched over (LUNS and Datavg) to the DR site apps1 and apps to will be on 10.15.* network .To put it simple, ( Cluster, apps1 and apps2) will be on 10.12.* network during normal operation and cluster will be on 10.12.*.* and both the apps will be on 10.15.*

Normal Prod Situation

IP ADDR          Host Name   Logical Host

sap - 10.12.*.*    -      sapnode (sapsprdsap - Logical hostname,Locica Ip - 10.12.*.*)

DB -  10.12.*.*    -      DBnode (DBPRDSAP - Logical hostname,Locical Ip - 10.12.*.*)

Ap1 - 10.12.*.*    -      Apps1

Ap2 - 10.12.*.*   -       Apps2

DR Situation

IP ADDR         HOST          Logical Host

sap - 10.15.*.* -         drsapnode (sapsprdsap - Logical hostname,Locical Ip - 10.12.*.*)

DB -  10.15.*.* -         drDBnode (DBPRDSAP - Logical hostname,Locical Ip - 10.12.*.*)

Ap1 - 10.15.*.* -        drap1

Ap2 - 10.15.*.* -        drap1

Note: Both logical name and logical Ip are same at both the location .

Issue : When I try to login from the prod termial through SAP GUI (which is on the 10.12.*.* network)   I'm able to reach the message server (Since the logical IP and Logical Hostname are same I guess) But when the message server routes the connection to one of its apps I'm getting a error message saying "server 10.15.*.* is not accessible through sapdp01" .

Need your expertise to solve this .

Things we have done .

1. Host entries alias have been updated.

2. DNS entry has been updated .

3. complete Network has been opened between 10.12.*  and 10.15.* for the ports 32*/33*/36*/39* .

WiIll Appreciate your help !!! ..

Regards

Sam .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You mean to say , though app1 and app2 application servers of production system (10.12.*.*  ) are up , you are not able to access it via actual production system?

where as your DR application servers (10.15.*.*  ) drap1 are down currently but while connecting from actual production system it points to DR server applications?

Thanks,

Rupali

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say , though app1 and app2 application servers of production system (10.12.*.*  ) are up , you are not able to access it via actual production system?

>> Actual Prod scenario works fine when all the server are in 10.12 network .

where as your DR application servers (10.15.*.*  ) drap1 are down currently but while connecting from actual production system it points to DR server applications?

>> We will bring up the drap1 only when the DR is evoked and when it's evoked IP segment from 10.12.* will move from Prod to DR side as well .

Please let me know if you need any further clarification ..

Regards

Sam

>>

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sam for the reply.

But sorry to ask you what is the actual issue? can you pls elaborate?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now after the DR evoked and when i login to the SAP through GUI I 'm able to reach the message server but when the message server try to routes the connection to one of it's application server I'm getting an error "apps1 is not reachable on 10.15.*.*through sapdp01" .

Note : Logical iP and Logical Name are same at both prod and DR location .

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is logon group configured? if yes, could you please login direct to one apps, then SMLG -> message server status -> and check the IP in logon favourite storage. Is the IP there point to your DR?

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang