cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the native or generated SQL that runs on the database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I get errors in Universe Designer, since the error does not say on what line the error is, and you can use things like @DerivedTable that need to be resolved before running on the database, I would like to see the actual SQL that is generated and then run that on SQL Developer. That way I can take that code and paste it into SQL Developer and see more clearly what is happening. A colleague pointed out that SQL Developer can show you the SQL that is being run on the database via menu option Tools -> Monitor SQL, but it requires version 11 to run and apparently they don't have that installed. I have seen some discussions online referring to generated SQL so I assume it is possible to see it, but how? Also, can it be done with a different database backend? I also read from Teradata.

Thanks.

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

For Sql server  You can find the sql that is running on database from business objects from Sqlserver management studio->Tools->sql profiler.

Thanks ,

Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod. The original question referred to Oracle; sorry I was not clear about that. I work with both Oracle and Teradata, and would like to know the SQL that Universe Designer (BOXI 3.1) sends to them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to check how  the sql is generating in universe designer You will get the sql from universe Designer->Tools->query Panel->drag the related object and click Sql . Then you will get the Sql . Parse there only or copy & and run it on your database.

Thanks,

Pramod