cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 710 and BEx analyzer (BW 3.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After upgrading to SAPGUI 710 from 640, T-code "RRMX" and BW BEx analyzer doesn't work anymore as the new installation removed the file "SAPBEX.XLA".

Have anyone experienced this problem ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to get this done thru the configuration below:

SAPGUI 7.1

SAPGUI Patch Level 5

BW 3.5 Addon Patch Level 2

BI Addon Patch Level 3.

Microsoft Excel 2003

Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907417

Windows XP SP 2

A good site to refer to: /people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/07/26/troubleshoot-the-sap-netweaver-2004s-bi-frontend-installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have the same issue.

I found a work around that seems to work for me.

Copy all "*.xla" files

from C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW

to C:\Program Files\SAP\Frontend\BW\

I also found that with "sapbexc.xla" you can check the installation on the PC.

This has highlighted other issues for me that I am now looking into.

Cheers

Murray.

0 Kudos

I've the SAP Logon 710 with patch level 1, and the same problem until I've copied all files as Murray told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did get the result after seeing your response. But still I have a issue about getting blank SAPLOGON SCREEN whenever I use ANALYZER. Did you have same issue or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advdnce

sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I haven't set an installation server up yet, but it looks like you need to select the BW product when creating a GUI package and also rerun nwsapsetupadmin and import the BI product.

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we did that ..

As a work around, I've copied the file from install source to the corresponding directories and that seemed to have fixed the problem ..

So, for now I'm good ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also facing the same problem,

I tried checking WAD, Report Designer, query designer, Business Explorer (SAP BW3.x) from start>All Programs>business explorer they all work. But when i try Analyzer excel opens up in this some of the tools are in German like offnen,werkzeuge and some are in english like status and BExAbout. If i ignore this and click on offnen it doesn't give me the logon pad. I tried uninstalling previous 6.4 GUI andre-installed 710 it didn't work.

I was also trying RRMX but excel doesn't open at all.

I have excel2003 and .net framework 2.

Any suggestions on this are appreciated.

Ravi could explain how did you solve your problem.Were you able to find the permanent fix for this.

Message was edited by:

ram gowda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldn't get RRMX to work properly...for GUI 710

so went back to 640 compilation 5 and installed all the patches and its working now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having this same problem. Anyone find a solution yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You need a Microsoft Office 2003 update. Without this update, the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 components cannot be started.

Install Microsoft fix 907417 on your client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I'm facing the same problem, too. Would you be so kind to post the corresponding directories? What version of Office have you installed?

Thanx,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SAPGUI 710 have some problem. So you can use SAPGUI 640 with patch level 23, in addition to this you need SAP BW 3.5 AddOn Patch,Latest Version of .NET 1.1 framework,and Microsoft Visual J# .NET if you want access 7x version you have to install SAP Netweaver 2004s BI AddOn Patch also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we're having a "problem" with the font in the SAPGUI 640 / 23. If you access a unicode system (like XI oder Solution Manager) and accessing our non-unicode CRM system afterwards (affects CRM only, not R/3, SRM, BW, which are non-unicode, too), the font changes from "arial" to "courier new". It is very unhandsomely to shift back to arial for our users (I have opened a message to SAP yesterday).

That phenomenon is 'solved' within SAPGUI 710 and that was the primary reason for us to roll out that gui for test purposes.

Unfortunately, the SAPGUI 710 requieres MS Office 2003. We're having MS Office 2000...