cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asterisk in Recordset Structure of a Sender FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a sender communication channel with file adapter which is using "File Content Conversion" message protocol. I have two Recordset Structures and I defined them as: Department,*,Position,*    , but it doesn't work, and it keep saying "  Channel CC_file_sender: Send binary file "/home/dev/depPos.dat", size 0 with QoS EO  ".  If I specify the occurence of the Recordset Struture exact the number of the record happened in the source file as Department,3,Position,7  , and the CC picks up the file correctly.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong in this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things to be checked.

1) Are u using keyfield value for Department and position?  If so,

Ex:

Department.keyFieldValue   1

Position.keyFieldValue 2

2) Recordset Sequence:   Ascending

3) Believe you are using other parameters like endSeparator, fieldSeparator and fieldNames for both Department and Position

Ex:

Department.fieldSeparator

Department.endSepartor

Department.fieldNames

4) If you use keyFieldName then as follows

keyFieldName: (keyfield of department or  position)

keyFieldType:  String (case-Sensitive)

5) Document Name: Message name

Docuemnt Namespace: Message namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Baskar.

I did all the items you mentioned in your post above. For the

"Key Field Name" right underneth the "Recordsets Per Message", I put "DEPID,POSID", since the key field name for my two Recordset are different.

Also in the table parameters, I added:

Department.keyFieldName:      DEPID

Position.keyFieldName: POSID

And I don't really understand when I specify the occurence for the Recordset Structure as exact number (Department,3,Position,7), it works, but if I change it to " Department,*,Position,* ", then it read the file size as ZERO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem: I messed the key fields, the key field for both Department and Position should be PFIX which is field and contained in both Recordsets, the key field shouldn't neither DEPID nor POSID.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you make the common keyfield name for both Development and Position and only value different?

You might want to go through this links

http://scn.sap.com/people/gabrielsagayaselvam.panneerselvam/blog/2009/08/31/solve-key-field-problem-...

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-pro...

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is right. It should be common fieldname.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Baskar for all the help.

It is a very good way for me to learn file adapter, I for sure will remember the key field for all the recordsets should be a common field.

Answers (0)