Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10: How do I create a new stage

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May any one help me in creating a new stage in GRC 10?

So far I have seen and used GRAC_DEFAULT_STAGE only!

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Creating a stage is almost lke doing it in 5.3.  Go to Paths/Stages in MSMP Configuration, click on the Workflow you are wanting to add the stage to so that it is highlighted.  Then under the Stages area, click ADD.

There are some differences that you do need to be aware of and if you are asking this question, I would guess that you may not have all the information you need regarding maintaining MSMP Configuration in relation to stages. 

In AC 10.0 Stages are re-usable as they are in v5.3, however, depending what settings you maintain, there are Default Stage Settings, and there aare Path/Stage specific settings that can be maintained.  Howver to truly explain this fully is not just a quck effort.

Thanks

Kevin Tucholke

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

This is just "adding" a stage to a path. But lets say I want to create a new stage then add in the path, how do I do that?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I think what you are really reffering to is creating a new custom "Agent", as this is what you would assign to a new stage as Kevin is pointing out above.

If you are creating a new custom agent, your safest bet is to create a BRF+ Agent rule.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faisal: 

If you are on the path, then go down to stage and click ADD and enter stage ID the currently does not exist, this create a new stage while adding to the path you are working on.  Subsequently, you will be able to go to another stage and then use the search functionality in Stage ID to find stages that have been created in that particular Process ID.

In short, ADD is really CREATE if you use a Stage ID that does not exist...

Make sense?

Kevin

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Seems I need to pickup these terminologies now

Thanks for your input.

Will update you.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

TCODE: GRFNMW_CONFIGURE

Double click on Maintain Stages:

Go to change mode

Select the standard Stage Config ID (GRAC_MANAGER) to get more details for creating new Stage Config ID:

With the above example create new stage config ID:

Path/Stage Class: CL_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_WF

Stage Config ID: Give your specific name Ex: BIP_MANAGER

Process Type: SAP_GRAC_AR

Agent ID: Select the default or customized Agent ID

Approver Type: Any one Approver

Escalation Type: No Escalation

Please do let me know if you need any help on the same.

Regards,

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

great, thanks so much for the transaction code, I find it very nice because you can set everything in one place.

I would have one question though: what if I want to create a new workflow process? Something like an own SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST. Is that possible only in the transaction swdd?

And: is it ok if I customize the standard SAP workflow processes to suit my needs or should I create new ones?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Erik,

Sadly you can't create a custom MSMP process.....this is something that has frustrated a few customers in the past, but my opinion is that you don't need to have a new process as all the basic requirements are covered by the ones out of the box. All you have to do is modify the individual processes as per your need, therefore YES "  it is ok if you customize the standard SAP workflow processes to suit your needs"

All the best

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Erik:

As has been stated, you need to add your customized Paths and Stages to suit your needs.  You don't have to use the default workflow that is delivered.  In fact, once you have your own, you can just delete it.  This is only given to you as an example.

However, I am at a loss to understand why anyone would ever need to create a new MSMP process? As stated, all of the SAP Access Control processes are covered in the MSMP for the functionality that exists.  You can create your own Variables, customize templates, customize workflow and routings in each of the process IDs area.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam, thanks for your thoughts. But can't you create a process in swdd? Just theoretically speaking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin, thanks, you brought it to the point

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish you could, but there are certain aspects of GRC that is hard coded (as far as I have been explained by the support team in SAP). I have tried to even replicate existing ABAP Classes and re-utilise them in other MSMP processes, but get a system warning stating that the class has been written to work with only the set MSMP process.

It seems it is not that easy to recycle existing coding or create custom MSMP processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was also my impression, there is no obvious way to, for example, make a copy of a workflow and customize it according to your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

one more question, if we are still at this topic: is it possible to customize stages per system/client? I did not find anything in grfnmw_configure or in NWBC. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to create different path (containing the stages) should you wish a different approval process/behaviour per different scenario (i.e. different system/clients).

This will be determined right in the beginning of an Access Request via your custom Initiator rules.

Answers (0)