cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory check for more then 1 guibb in fpm application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have build a FPM application with 6 tabbed guibb on it. When I save everything I want to check all the mandatory fields in my whole application and not just on the current tab (which by the way works quite well).

I had the idea to use the fpm message manager (fpm dev guide). I was wondering what you be the right place to use such a methode because I don't have access to the component controller.

For a try out I made couple of lines in the flush method of the feederclass.

The goal is to have the message create an url to the field that's giving the error. So how do I fill the value for IV_PARAMETERS and IO_ELEMENTS?

if change_log-name = 'NV_DATUM'.

data message_manager type ref to if_fpm_message_manager.

data fpm type ref to if_fpm.

fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

message_manager = fpm->mo_message_manager.

message_manager->report_message(

exporting

iv_message_text = 'Test'

io_component  = me

" IV_PARAMETERS = ''

" io_element = ''

).

endif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias Gamsjager,

You can use below code for raising the fpm message.

lv_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).
"Get handle to the FPM Message Manager
lv_message_manager = lv_fpm->mo_message_manager.
CALL METHOD lv_message_manager->report_t100_messag

EXPORTING
iv_msgid     = '<MSG_CLS_NAME>'
iv_msgno     = <MSG_NO>

io_component = me

iv_severity  = 'W'.

If you want to navigate to the appropriate tab field you can set IS_NAVIGATION_ALLOWED flag for the above method . It will directly go into the field.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your help.

In the method documentation it says for the parameter IS_NAVIGATION_ALLOWED: "Applicable only for GAF. Enable step navigation on E message".

And we'd still have the problem, that we can't pass a value to the method declaring to which field it should link. IV_ATTRIBUTE_NAME only works in combination with IO_ELEMENT...

Or do I get something wrong here?

Best Regards,

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue... using a GUIBB List, not a WebDynpro component, and wishing to link an error to the row+field with the data in error...

has anyone done that?

Thanks,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

You can achieve this in method 'PROCESS_EVENT', Populate the fields 'REF_NAME'(field) and 'REF_INDEX' (row) in parameter 'ET_MESSAGES' while raising message.

Let me know if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works beautifully, Hitesh.

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to pass for IO_ELEMENT but I can't any other possibility except for this message_manager.

Since the post ist from last year, have you been able to find a solution or a workaround of some sort?