cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyfigure datatypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am creating some keyfigures.I found different types of keyfigures and also different datatypes for keyfigures.I have doubts about following things.It would be great if anybody can explain these things.

1.whats the difference between DEC and FLTP data types?

2.whats the difference between Amount and Number keyfigure types?when do we use amount and when do we use number as I have seen in our BW they used Amount some times and Number sometimes?

3.Whats the difference between Quantity and Number keyfigure types?When do we use Quantity and when do we use Number keyfigure types?

4.When do we use INTEGER as keyfigure type when compared to Number?

Thanks alot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1: DEC: Counter or amount field with decimal point, sign, and commas separating thousands. A DEC field has a maximum length of 31 places.

FLTP: Floating point number. The length (including decimal places) is set to 16 places for this data type.

2: Amount KF always has Currency associated with it while Number doesn't. When you need to store KF's like balance you would use Amount and if you need to store say count use Number.

3:Similarly Qty Kf always has Unit associated with it. When you need to store Qty field like KG, LB you will use Qty KF.

4:Integer is used when you need to store values as whole number.

Hope this explains. Please don't forget to assign points if you find it useful/ answers your question.

MM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we map the quantity field with number field.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a KeyFigure of datatype Quantity.

Now, from the datasource a value is coming whose datatype is char(30), although the content of it is number in decimal format, for example 0.234 or 9.563.

Can this be directly mapped to the above infoobject of type quantity? Or do I need to put in place a conversion?

Answers (0)