Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAI - CCMS monitoring for Jobs / Dumps

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the new solution manager 7.1 Technical Monitoring it seems to be only possible to monitoring performance and availability by using SAP delivered content. But I have the requirement to monitor Job and Dump errors (for each new dump or aborted job I would like to generate one alert). So I created a custom metric using "CCMS Get Current Values" data provider and MTE "R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs" for jobs per instance. This actually works - but the MAI generates a alert every 5 minutes (this is the configured refresh interval). The reason for this seems to be that the MTE R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs always stays on the last reported value. The other dataproviders (CCMS MTE / CCMS MTE and Object) don't work at all.

Is there any way to configure the alerting infrastructure so that it generates only a new alert if the text value of the MTE changes (as it works in rz20 Alerts)?

Best Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Frank,

I have a similiar situation. How did u fixed it.

Thanks,

Karthik

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Richard and Karthik,

nice to see that I'm not the only one using MAI in real world. I have to admit that I never tried it again after I found out that the release restrictions for MAI lists that it is currently not possible to use MAI for alerts that are not based on a "countable" value. You can see this behaviour also in standard metrics like the dump event - it will occur endless until monitoring windows moves forward.

I don't know if this is changed or planned to be changed - I'm currently on SPS 6. I can only recommend you to use CCMS in parallel for such monitoring scenarios. This is what we currently do.

Best Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I have tried the same configuration in MAI and get the same result as you. Have you managed to configure this type of alert in Technical Monitoring? I would expect that a new Alert is raised for every failed job.

regards,

Richard