cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow by Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple Scenario where i am importing Product data from Excel through import Manager. I have defined workflow which should be triggered by IMPORT MANAGER. But the workflow is not at all created or triggered by the import manager. I have checked the configuration in Import Manager, there is no list of workflows being displayed ( in the Workflows to launch Variable). Could any one help me what will be the actual problem.

Regards

Anandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to subject the records being imported to a workflow automatically, you can use the <b>Record Import</b> trigger action for your workflow.

Once you change the settings in the created workflow,

You must specify the name of your workflow in the Workflow to Launch property for your import map in the Configurations Option menu in Import Manager. This will automatically add the imported records to the workflow job upon executing the import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adhappan

I have defined the Record Import trigger action in my workflow, but i cannot see any workflow names in the Workflow to Launch property in the configuration option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP and HotFix level your MDM is running on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandan,

Have you tried saving your import map first? Then see if it appears in the config.

Cheers,

Foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

THe workflow is active and the RECORD IMPORT is checked. All the properties of the workflow are ok in Data Manager, but still i cant see the workflow in the Import Manager Configuration options.

am using

SAP MDM 5.5 SP4

Regards

Anandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anandan,

Try creating a simple new workflow in Data Manager, with the same triggering parameter, and save a new <b>import map</b> in Import Manager. I remember running into the same issue with the workflow not appearing in the import manager config, but when I saved the import map, it appears.

Cheers,

Foh

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by save Import Maps? I opened existing (Saved) maps and created new maps and saved them however I do not see the Workflow options in Import Manager.

I am using MDM SP4 Patch 3, 5.5.35.16.

I have already checked the data manager config they are set correct. What else do I need to do see the Workflow configuration options visible/enable?

Thanks,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay

Follow the below steps. Tell me if it helps.

1) Keep the Import manager and Data manager Window open.

2) Save the map in Import manager.

3) Create the workflow completely in Data managerwith the RECORD IMPORT settings and others. Make sure it is added in the table.

4) Then go to Import manager configuration options-> Workflow to launch property, there you will find the workflow created.

Regards

Anandan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Foh. It worked out!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandan,

there's probably a config item missing in the workflow definition in Data Manager.

Please make sure the Workflow setting is set on 'active', actions to be performed says 'import record'. This is all done in Data Manager.

Then, you should be able to select the record in the config options of Import Manager.

Regards,

Christiane