Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find standard classes when using WDA

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When using Webdynpro application from netweaver portal or portal for standard applications how do we find out which class is being called during the application process. The reason is if I need to do some enhancement in some standard class how do I find out that class is being used. Is there something like trace which can list the classes an fm being called during the application processing from portal?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

If your question is answered , please change the status of this thread.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

in addition to what Ashish said. Once you have the WDA Component name, you can set external break points within some of the hook methods and use the WebDynpro-Debugger tool to see all classes instantiated in runtime. I do it this way sometimes when I'm too lazy to go through all the coding and look for the object references. The key is external Debugging for your problem. The fact that you call the WDA is irrelevant until you do portal eventing ( I'll just claim that you don't particulary need that at the moment.. ).

Cheers, Lukas

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can right click on WebDynpro Application in Web Browser and select more field Help , this will give you the name of WD Application , Component, Window current view name and configuration ID, if any.

From this information you can traverse to the WebDynpro component and find out the used class.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

It doesn't mean in enhancing standard classes in respect of WD applications. If you wanna do any thing on application, there are standard parameters for application, just use them.