cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message encryption withing SAP PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have PI 7.3 Java only in place for our project. My requirement is I have to encrypt the message within PI so that the message payload contents are not visible while monitoing (in RWB).

I knw we can use custom adapter modules for such requirements; but I want to know if there is any standard way of achieving this in PI 7.3 specifically.

I have referred the below help link, but not sure if it can satisfy my requirement:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/d7/13c2ee3b22461baad6203364cb6bab/content.htm

Any help on this would be highly apprciated!!

-Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya..hope you are doing good long time...

The best solution in this case would be to have a java mapping or a custome module which will do encryption (say for example base64) and transmit the data to the receiver.

as mentioned by basker above. but in here you would need another module to decrypt the data.

this is a good approach.

But if the requirement is as such that we should not use custom module or java mapping... in that case you can ZIP the payload and transmit the content to the receiver.

zipped payload is not visible in RWB (payload content).

and then use a script at OS level (After message processing in channel) to unzip the payload if required.

this is just a food for your thought...you can achieve it based on your specific requirement/restrictions.

Regards,

Prakash.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doing custom adapter module or java mapping is one possible solution to encrypt the messages during mapping to avoid showing the content in the payload.  The above link seems that it would not support scrambled look during the monioring both in 7.3 and 7.31 and makes only during saves the data at the database level.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

quick question:

do you have 7.31 (ehp1 for 7.3) or only 7.3 ?

as this does not work on 7.3 as far as I remember

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply!!

We have PI 7.3 only. But, as per the below link "encryption of the message payload in the database does not affect how the message content is displayed in monitoring", then how this settings would satisfy the requirement even if we have 7.31 in place?

-Supriya