cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cutom Approval procedure role mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have created a cutom Approval procedure in Request for change in solamn 7.1 sp3.

Request for change status:

Two level of Approval using cutom Approval procedure

1. Tech Lead - once he appoved, Software Quality Manager approval activity will enabled.           

2. Software Quality Manager - once approved, status changed to Approved.

I have designed role custimizing except cutom Approval procedure.currently i gave same role to both the Approver.

Because cutom Approval procedure( Tech lead and Software Quality Manager)  doing Approval activity is same status.

I have checked security guide. not able to find role mapping for Approval procedure.

I need to map the separate role to Tech lead and Software Quality Manager for Approval process.

Please guide me to map the role for Approval procedure( Tech lead and Software Quality Manager)

Rg,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

All partners who are authorized through auth obj: crm_apprvl are part of approval list and

application do not impose any restrictions on them as to who can and whocannot approve/reject the individual steps.

Application was designed to just notify the partner assigned to individual steps through worklist item based on step's execution status but not to restrict its approve/reject to only its partner assigned.

Final conclusion from SAP:

Unfortunately what i am  looking for is not available in the standard upto SP05.

we may expect the Workflow approval restriction on future SP release.

So we need to take care of  this issue right now.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Have you managed different statuses for different approvals? If yes, You can play around the authorisation object B_USERSTAT where you can control the authorisation key (SMCr_01,SMCR_02) to change the status..

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

In Solman 7.1 SP3 Approval procedure set in same status, like

Two level of Approval using custom Approval procedure

1. Tech Lead - once he appoved, Software Quality Manager approval activity will enabled.           

2. Software Quality Manager - once approved, status changed to Approved.

So once two lead approve the CR only they changed to Approved status.

Any idea abt this new process?

Rg,

Karthik