cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Webservice Connection Rejections

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just finished working with a partner that was unable to send data via Webservice to PI. The root cause was he wasn't using the right password (even though that was checked early, mistakes happen). Is there a log where I could have checked to see if inbound requests for a particular user name are being rejected due to authorization error or login error? I felt somewhat help less that all I could see was the Communication Channel Processing Details in the Communication Channel Monitoring which showed no inbound connection. I am using PI 7.1. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>s there a log where I could have checked to see if inbound requests for a particular user name are being rejected due to authorization error or login error?

I think using ICM error logs trace, you might able to see the authentication errors. Also ask the BASIS to look for the server log traces.

Please refer this link. Hope this helps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/64d041e74911d6b2e400508b6b8a93/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar, thanks for that link. Helpful to review all the internal configuration. My BASIS team isn't very aware of the Netweaver components, not something we do a lot with. Do you know what log file contains connection rejections (403 unauthorized) errors?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not BASIS expert. But I want to share my few cents. Please tell your admin or basis team to check unix level default trace files.

EX:

/usr/sap/<SID>/D<InstanceNr>/j2ee/cluster/server<number>/log

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

since in this scenario, a webservice request is coming to PI, so if the error is happening at authentication level in sending the request msg to PI system, then the message did not arrive at PI server, so you will not be able to find anything about this error in PI system. But the sender system would have received a HTTP 401 unauthorized error for this issue, so this issue can be tracked from sender system only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue should be a 403 unauthorized, which is created by the PI Webserver component (ICM?).

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To complete the information provided by Baskar Gopalakrishnan you coud check if your customer has the correct authorizations. You could follow the next link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/de/9f/d12940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards