Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipment creation

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts..

In sap cs while saving the sales order -->equipment will created automatically in background.  May i know what trigerrs it get created automatically.   i dont know where to post this question . I did not find the any space as sap cs. in scn site..... if any knows  pls tell...

thanks and regards

mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jimmyndbs
Explorer
0 Kudos
Can you provide more details on your errors? What happens?
hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply dear jimmy,

i was not getting any error...just i wanted to know which parameter trigerrs to getting creating automatic equipment while saving the sales order.

Mr.siva ram has sent me link i gone through it but still it s unclear to me.

thanks and regards

mohammed

jimmyndbs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

An equipment is created based upon the serial number profile in the material master. Please look at the sales / plant view on the material master. If there is a serial number profile hen a serial number MAY be created at the time of order entry. A serial number profile controls when a serial number is created in the business process. Please review tcode OIS2 to see which serial number profiles your business uses. In the serial number profile you can link an equipment category to each profile. The most common is category S. Please look at the serial number profile config at the serialization procedure level. If it has flag SDAU then it will create a serial number profile at the time of sales order entry.

So, to be direct.

- Check your material master sales view for a serial number profile

- Check OIS2 to see if that serial number profile is used during SDAU (creates serial on SD order)

- Check in OIS2 if it is linked to an equipment category.

That is all the standard triggers used in this process. Please "like" if this response helps you out.

All the best,

Jimmy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply shiva ram,

i gone through the link still its little confusing.

can anyone tell me.....

thanks and regards

mohammed