cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question...Can i go ahead and create a SCRIPT OBJECT?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing a adobe interactive form, and i want to create a SCRIPT OBJECT at form level (adding an entry to VARIABLES of the form), can i go ahead and create SCRIPT OBJECT or is there any restrictions / pre-requisites / precaustions need to take prior creating it? Bcz, already we have (SAP owned) ContainerFoundation_JS so if i create a new one, does my nelwey created script object effects the SAP owned ContainerFoundation_JS in any way?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have done this before....as long as your script does not conflict with the other, you are ok. For instance, do not have function names that match those in the other script. I did it before in order to "fix" bugs in the ContainerFoundation_JS script file by "extending" it as well as adding functionality by using my own custom script file.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Not sure, did i wrote my original post clearly or not enough information!

Actually, just i want to create a BRAND NEW Script Object (say, my_script_object) under variables.

Even, i do not touch ContainerFoundation_JS at all.

My question is if i create a brand new my_script_object, does it show any effect on standard ContainerFoundation_JS in any way? or its nothing to do, hence am good to go.

Just curious..there were bugs in standard SAP/Adobe's ContainerFoundation_JS?

Just curious, wht kind of requirement made you to add/extend it?

Thank you

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh if you want to add your own script, go ahead. All it does there is make it "global" to the form. No worries. No problems.

As for ContainerFoundation_JS and "bugs"? Yes. For example in a dropdown, if there are two entries with the same TEXT but different key values, it will ALWAYS pick the first one. For example, if you have....

01 - Programmer Job Level 2

02 - Programmer Job Level 2

...in your drop downs where 01/02 are the "keys" behind the "texts" shown and say the user picks the SECOND one (02), the script would pick the FIRST one (01) always! Therefore, I almost always have to rewrite my own generic services to populate dropdowns versus using the automatic ones that SAP can generate for you so that I include the "code" into the text so that they are different. Also, SAP will sort by "key" value and not the text shown which often time users HATE. So in the end, my drop down would be....

01 - Programmer Job Level 2 (01)

02 - Programmer Job Level 2 (02)

As for why/how I extended by using my own script, it was just for additional functionality I wanted in my forms.....been doing JavaScript coding for years, so I know a few little nifty tricks. haha

Hope this all helps!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?