cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Transaction as Web Service in MII12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently have a .NET windows app that call my transaction as a web service in version 12.0. The references are configured like the following:

http://Server:Port/XMII/WSDLGen/BLSPath

Using this method I'm able to access the fields of the returned rowsets

I'm migrating to a 12.2 server. I can reference the transaction from the application. However, the fields within the rowset no longer appear in the visual studio code editor. Has the method for referencing transactions as a web service changed in 12.2 ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume the setting (System Management...System Properties in the Menu) is configured as needed (unchecked does not enforce security for WSDLGen).

There were some early bugs related to having the reference document assignment on the output XML transaction property, so check the release note to make sure your version is the latest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

The WSDLGen Security Enabled setting is unchecked. We are using version 12.2.3 Build 165. As far as I can tell there is only one patch after that and it doesn't address this issue.

I verified that the document is assigned correctly. This same transaction works correctly when our 12.0 server is referenced.

Is there some other setting in 12.2 that can cause this to occur ?

Glenn

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your best bet would be to log a support ticket - I tried with a newer version than the one you mention and assigning the reference document to the transaction's xml output property was acting very strange. 

As a short term workaround you can put a hard coded xml default property value, and that should in turn show up in your WSDLGen call, but the reference document assignment is how it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't able to get it to work by supplying a default property value (I may have done it incorrectly). I did enter a customer message. Fortunately I don't need this until the end of April.