cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete "Logs without sessions" in SM35

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our Test system, when I go to SM35 -> Logs, and then to tab "Logs without sessions" I see there are about 210,000++ entries. Most of these entries point to an application server from our production system. I believe this is because the test system has been refreshed with production data. 

I want to be able to delete entries that are older than 90 days, especially entries that point to the wrong application server. So I clicked on "Reorganize" and setup a variant that deletes Logs (that are lacking sessions) older than 90 days and then executed this as a job (program RSBDC_REORG). The job finished successfully but nothing was deleted. I then tried to delete in foreground by specifying an interval/period and saw this error:

Date       Time       Session         Status

04/27/2008 12:07:15   ASSET D KEY     TemSe error
04/27/2008 12:06:54   ASSET D KEY     TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:54:15   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:41:34   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:40:58   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error

Reorganization statistics:
        0  Deleted sessions
        0  Deleted logs

So I went to tcode SP12, did a consistency check and found a lot of inconsistent entries. I then deleted all the inconsistent entries. I re-ran the job (RSBDC_REORG) but still nothing was deleted.

I then tried to manually delete one entry and this information screen appeared saying:

TemSe: Internal error

(Long text)

TemSe: Internal error

Message no. TS001

Diagnosis

An unspecified internal error occurred in TemSe administration
("RSTSEINTERN").

System Response

If you see this message, it means that the application software did not
intercept it and is probably unable to process it.

Procedure

1. Try to find out if the problem can be reproduced.

2.  Check the system log.

Can you please advise if there is a way to delete these "Logs without sessions" in SM35?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regard,

Kris Caldoza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

Try running the program RSDBCREO with appropriate selections. More details on deleting sessions can be found in OSS note 36781

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajith,

I ran RSBDCREO in foreground using a specified time interval/period, but still got the same errors and the entries (Logs without sessions) were not deleted.

Date       Time       Session         Status

04/27/2008 12:07:15   ASSET D KEY     TemSe error
04/27/2008 12:06:54   ASSET D KEY     TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:54:15   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:41:34   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error
03/24/2008 10:40:58   ASSET MASTER    TemSe error

Reorganization statistics:
         0  Deleted sessions
         0  Deleted logs

OSS note 36781 basically says the same thing (to run RSBDCREO). I consulted the other OSS notes mentioned there but none apply to the issue I have.

Any other sugestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you UN-check the check box for Processed sessions, when you ran the program RSDBCREO?

If yes, try below

Try transaction SP12

In Menu GOTO --> Temse Contents.

Supply values for the date and try deleting the entries in the resulting output screen

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajith,

I did un-check the option "Processed" in RSBDCREO.

I tried your suggestion to display Temse contents via SP12, but my selection criteria (specified dates) did not have any results.

As I mentioned in my initial post, the entries under "Logs without sessions" in SM35 -> Logs are pointing to our production app servers.  The logs do not exist at all at the operating system level, but the entries exist in table APQL.

Do you think manually deleting these "invalid" entries from table APQL (via SE16N) is possible and will not cause issues and further inconsistencies?

Regards,

Kris Caldoza

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be cautious in deleting data directly in APQL alone (you should ensure corresponding data goes away from APQD and

At the very least, you should check the following

Pull QID (Queue Name) from APQL and search against APQD - if you find none, you should be fine to delete the record from APQL

Once you have verified a few records, you should be fine to clean up for other records with target system value that of production server

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your Spool REORG jobs working?

checkthis note  Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Run RSPO1041 to clear the old spools according to below note so that your system can spool again

Note 130978 - RSPO1041 - Replacement for RSPO0041

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

Answers (0)