Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM CATALOG - BOM Products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Gurus,

I am currectly working with BOM Products in MDM, Qn is -

Considering an example where a BOM product (BOM1) – has 3 components (Sub1, Sub2, Sub3) related to it. However 2 of the components (Sub1, Sub3) are only set as required components in MDM Data Manager.

While creating a Shopping Cart, we search the BOM product and get to the Item Details. Here, in the “Items Includes” tab we see all components are checked by default.

But, my expectation is that the components Sub1, Sub3 to be checked automatically (Since Required Check is set in Data Manager) and not Sub2.

Since because all items are checked – it is getting transferred to the SRM Shopping Cart as well. I feel onlythose products that i have made as "Required" in MDM should get to the Shopping cart, and if i need i can check the optional components  and add them.

Thanks,

Arumugam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

This is a question in SRM MDM.

I am using Item Type BOM & Components.

The user is selecting a BOM, and say it has 3 components.

In the "Item Includes" tab he deselects 2 Components. So the BOM value gets updated to the Price of the only 1 Component.

On Add to Cart and Checkout cart .. when we see the Product.. the price is reset to Zero, instead of the price of only 1 component.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Priti

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arumugam ,

I do not think the Required fields has anything to do with it ,

The use of Required fields is to state as if the specified field is Mandatory and nothing to do with the Check box being updated automatically .

Regards,

Vignesh