cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM AutoID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you tell me what is the upper limit of AutoID-Type? In the MDM Console it is possible to define a field as AutoID per table. Are there any constraints? What is the maximum count by field of type AutoID?

Thanks

Barbora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

Adding to what already stated:

• You can have autoid at various table levels
  • You can link lookups with Tuple,these lookups can have autoid but Autoid creation as a field in Tuples is not allowed.
  • There can be multiple fields with type as autoid in Main tables.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Tarun,

thank you very much for your anwers. This is what I wanted to know 

Best Regards,

Barbora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

If you got your answer then please close the thread as answered.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I didn´t find any functionality how to close the thread as answered... How can I do it?

Barbora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

Please go through this link to find this:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18475

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

There is an option "Mark as Assumed Answer" below your question, e.g. shown below. Click the option and the thead will be closed as answered.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

I guess what you are doing is looking at preview of Question and trying to award answers.

Whereas you should click on subject of question and once inside that award the answers as assumed answer or helpful answer.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

Auto-Id is a integer field, which is automatically incremented by MDM. You cannot set/see the limit of Auto-ID in MDM Console. 

I checked the properties of Auto-ID field in database, the max count of Auto-ID is 10 digit, e.g. 9999999999, which is more than enough, I guess.

You can create only one Auto-ID field per lookup table. As a constraint, you cannot create Auto-ID field in Tuple.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbora,

I am not really sure on the upper limit of Auto id type.

I think by design it is such that it can take care of highest number of records in repository.

Yes,you can have it also on various tables but I dont think it can be of much help.

Say you have a lookup Authorization Groups and you wish to have a autoid field in that.

Any delete and that followed by creation of same record will change id value as it will be treated as a new record.

There is no such limit on number of autoid fields.

Please provide a example for this scenario.

Thanks,

Ravi