Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Billing Element Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are having an issue in my company.

In one project the client asked to change the billing plan, and because of that change we have to remove the billing element flag from one WBS Element.

We're not being able to remove it because we already have an "money income in advance" against that WBS. We tried to transfer the value but still we can't remove the flag.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you have to remove the billing element tick to change the Billing Plan? It can be done without removing the billing element check box as well.

If you intend to change the account assignment in the sales order and put in a different WBS there then you need to delete the billing plan for old account assigned WBS, delete the incorrect account assigned WBS and then put in the new WBS which should be a billing element.

Even in this case the billing element check box will remain ticked and greyed out for the old WBS element.

Hope you understand what i mean to say.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Doing as you say, I won't have any trouble on closing that WBS when the project ends?

And the costs will stay on it, since it's an result object, right? Can I trow the costs to the new billing element wbs?

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I see, because of that, we're not being able to close that WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Would appreciate if you can share the error message.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well transfer the existing costs from the old WBS to the new WBS element. Check transaction KB11N. Choose Scrn Var as WBS Element/Network and in the input type you can either choose list entry or individual entry.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gokul.

Just another issue. Our structure normaly works on 2 ways:

- Project 1

--Enginnering WBS

--Services WBS (Billing element)

--Machines WBS

---Machine 1(WBS/Billing element)

---Machine 2(WBS/Billing element)

---Machine 3(WBS/Billing element)

or

-Project 2

--Enginnering WBS

--Services WBS (Billing element)

--Machines WBS (Billing element)

---Machine 1(WBS)

---Machine 2(WBS)

---Machine 3(WBS)

Depends on how the client wants the billing plan, we use the structure that is adequated. For example: If he wants billing individualy for each machine, we use like project 1. If we wants billing for all machines at once, we use like project 2.

What happened is that the client wanted the billing like project 1, than in the middle of the project, changed to billing like project 2.

The issue is that SAP PS doesn't allow you to have 2 billing elements in the same hierarchy. It would occur errors on the calculations of the project result. The project would also be inconsistent because one WBS element wouldn't have a sales order attached to it.

Hope you undestand what I mean.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhakar,

I have to ask to the responsible area. It may take some time. If we still have the issue then, I'll post here.

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Marco,

Try to Run CJEN once,  after you have transfered all values. This may work.

Warm Regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if any actual postings are done then you will not be in a position to change the indicator.

lke account assignment / Billing Element.