cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP sender - acknowledgment handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I hava a new PI 7.3, and I'm trying to make the following integrated configuration scenario:

ECC -> PI (AAE) -> WEB SERVICE

the ECC sends a proxy to the AAE via SOAP sender communication channel.

I'm using the path prefix: /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true in the SM59 RFC destination.

I have also made an HTTP destination in the PI, and configured the acknowledgment handling part of the soap adapter to use that HTTP destination.

The proxy is being sent successfully to the PI, but the ack fails for the following reason:

MP: exception caught with cause
javax.ejb.EJBException: ASJ.ejb.005043 (Failed in component:
sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app, BC-XI-CON-SOP) Exception raised from
invocation of public com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleData
com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.ejb.SOAPAckHandler.process(com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleContext,com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleData)
throws com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException method on bean instance
com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.ejb.SOAPAckHandler@17910351 for bean
sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app*xml|com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.ejb.jar*xml|SOAPAckHandler
in application sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app.; nested exception is:
java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method
java.lang.Object.getClass() of an object loaded from local variable 'obj'

I have tried to make a change and use a file receiver adapter - and now the ack returns successfully to the ECC system.

Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Imanuel Rahamim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you figure this out Imanuel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have still not figured this out.

The PI also acts unexpectedly...

Now I receive an ack on the soap when I send the message to the web service alone, but when I send both to the web service and to the file - the ack fails to arrive.

I have opened an OSS.
I will close this message now, and update in a different post after I'll understand exactly what went wrong and how to fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can, please post your solution in this same thread later so we can see what your solution was. Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel, did you solve your problem? Thanks for sharing . Best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

For now I am using the alternative "regular" scenario without ICO.

The OSS is still open, but now it seems that SAP found the bug.

I am still waiting for them to update me with the progress.

The only update fro now is - that I also checked 2 file receivers - and the error happens there as well, meaning the problem occurs when using a soap sender adapter with ack handling and any message splitting.

I Will post when I have more news. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again.

I'm sorry - this problem was caused by my experiments.

I have tried to add this module: sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/SOAPAckHandler to the soap receiver channel, in order to be able to get the ack back into the ECC system.

must have forgotten I have done this...

I have removed the module, and now I don't get the exception, but I still don't get the ack back into the ECC system (and that was why I inserted the module in the first place)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am forgetting some part here reg ack. on sender side in ECC, the ack is maintained for system ack and application ack - but this was for idocs as far as i remember, so not sure if this has some linkage to proxy as far as ack is concerned. is the receiver web-service sending a response ack back?

@michal: any pointers to above as i think something is missing here. pls suggest.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>and configured the acknowledgment handling part of the soap adapter to use that HTTP destination.

what exactly did you do here ? as acks are by default enabled when the sender proxy

requests for them so what did you configure ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have configured the Acknowledgment handling part.

I figured that I need to configure it in order to get the system ack from the soap receiver adapter back into the ECC.

I'll need eventually to use both file receiver adapter and soap receiver adapter (we send the web service request, and back up the message in a file)

Please notice that this is an async message.