cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add and increase update,spool process in additonal dialouge instace

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

My company is having 2 system landscape.

DEV & QAS in one and PRD in one server. in recent years, my company is growing faster. i.e increasing number of End users and database growth.

Now i have installed an other Dialouge server in our existing Landscap. but when we check sm50 we have seen only dialouge and background process.

my question is can we add update and spool process in our server for load balancing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danish,

Go to the profile (via transaction RZ10) and increase values for below parameters in instance profile. If you do not have all of these, add the parameters and supply values as appropriate. Make sure you activate the profile  and restart the dialog instance for this to take effect

rdisp/wp_no_dia (dialog process)

rdisp/wp_no_vb (this is update process)

rdisp/wp_no_vb2 (this one is async update)

rdisp/wp_no_btc (background process)

rdisp/wp_no_spo (spool process)

Ajith

former_member430534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all of you, your answers are very helpful for us. we have add update, critical updates and spool process.

I have two more questiones.

1) what is formula to increase how much dialouge instace process , updates ,enque, spools etc

we have 32 GB RAM and 2TB Hard Drive and Xeone Processors based HP DL-380 Server.

2) can we also add enque process in dialouge server.

3) what is purpose of additional application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

I can say with certainty that there is no published formula for determining the number of processes, mostly because of the number of variables that would comprise that formula - i.e., solution, types of users, hardware, high/low volume periods, etc.  Determining that is both art and science.

You can move the ENQ process from a classical central instance to a dialog instance (thus making it the ENQ server), but you can only have one active instance with ENQ process(es). 

Additional appl. Instances can help with redundancy, load balancing, login groups, different types of processing (bkg, dia, gw, etc.).

Hope that helps some.  The questions are pretty broad with many answers.

Nick

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 39412 - How many work processes should be configured.

Additional Application server is used for load balancing.

As suggested by Nick, there can only be single Enqueue process for one system.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can add update and spool work process in it.

Thanks

Sunny