cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 - Error when using a BRF+ Flat rule : Please enter a valid Rule-ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am configuring GRC AC 10 (we are on SP07) and trying to create a customized Initiator Rule.

To do so, I followed the document "AC 10.0 Customizing Workflows for Access Management" and created a  BRFplus Flat Rule with my custom conditions. I saved it successfully and activated it (I have a green square next to my Decision Table).

The problem I have is when I want to use this BRFplus rule in the MSMP Workflow Configuration, I receive an error : "Please enter a valid Rule-ID". I am aware that the Rule ID is the long generated text in BRFplus, and that is the value that I am copy/pasting into MSMP.

Do you know where could this error come from and how to fix it ?

Following this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1965897 I have also tried configuring my workflow from GRC backend using transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE. The configuration goes well, I can enter my Rule ID and define it as an Initiator Rule, but this time some errors appear at the moment I try to generate the workflow :

ID 0800277AD7751EE19CE70C0CF6B50C0F is initial, unknown, or it does not have the correct object type

Rule validation failed for function ID 0800277AD7751EE19CE70C0CF6B50C0F

Rule ID 0800277AD7751EE19CE70C0CF6B50C0F (rule type E) is not compatible with process type

Any help would be very kind.

Regards,

Benoît.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Based upon the error messages you received, these are the following questions I would be asking:

You state that you have green square next to Decision Table, did you also Save/Activate the Function after that as well?

Are you using the Object ID from the FUNCTION that contains this Decision table?

Was this rule build for the Process ID you are trying to enter this into?

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much, I think you just pointed out what was wrong.

I was copy/pasting the ID of the Decision Table and not of the one of the Function. It seems that choosing the second one everything goes well.

Thank you very much for your help.

Benoît.

Answers (0)