cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the search size limit in VDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could anone please let me know about how to increase the search size limit in VDS for SAP IDM.?

Kind regards,

Vasuki Chinmaya N R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasuki,

I don't know that you need to do this through code.  If you go into the VDS UI, load your configuration and go to the Rules node get the properties of one of the rules.  Look at the Search Operation tab and you will see where you can set the Search Operation Parameters.  Normally this is handled by the search client, but sometimes we do want VDS to overrule the client (particularly if the client in question does not have the search size set, which I have seen when the client is not specifically an LDAP browser)

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasuki,

I've heard that SAP in their new version (think it's VDS 7.1 SP6 and VDS 7.2) have made some changes to this so you can configure it on the datasource.

But i still solved this problem just with a bit of a hack; create a preprocess class and in this you just gonna make the changes to the requst in the search method like this:

public class UnlimitSearch extends AbstractPreProcessing {
public MxAdd add(MxAdd req){ return req; }
public MxCompare compare(MxCompare req) { return req; }

public MxDelete delete(MxDelete req) { return req; }

public MxModify modify(MxModify req) { return req; }

public MxSearch search(MxSearch req) { req.setSizeLimit(-1); return req; }

public void init(MVDHashMap sessionGlob, MVDHashMap engineGlob){ super.init(sessionGlob, engineGlob); }

}

please note i haven't tested the code but i know it works because i have something simular running in a production system. If you already have another preprocess you can use a Decorator Pattern to just extend the other one!

Best Regards Jesper