Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have developed one scenario like

files are picking from FTP server and updated into SAP i.e   file-XI-SAP.

In the file directory ,system genarting daily one file with datestamp like  AYYMMDD.TAS ex: A120102,A120102,A120103........

My requiremnt is, i need to pick daily currentdate  file only.I am using file adapter with FTP protocal.

Kindly help me.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In similar situation we used small shell script what was scheduled to run daily with cron. It was looking into folder with all generated content and moved only required files to another folder PI was pointed to.

We used cron, but you could also use "run operating system command" configuration option of file adapter.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Mike.

To help you out on the usage, you could refer this blog - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2009/07/30/sourcefiletimestamp--an-useful-as...

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can write an xpath expression with function for date in the filename which will be checking  today's date - this would be the easiest way I believe

but with this approach you if PI is down for one day you will never pick the old file...

so it's better to write something to clean the FTP folder daily and pick from PI everything that's left (so only correct messages)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk