Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have two CUAs maintained in different region with their own landscape. Of these two CUAs one should act as a master and and users/roles from other CUA need be transferred to the master CUA. How to go about this?

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean one CUA synchronizes itself to the other CUA?  any time there is an update in the slave CUA it sends the update to the master?   I don't think that is possible, never heard of it.  If you want to transfer users/roles from the other CUA in to the "master", and then stop using the old CUA, then you just disconnect all target systems from the old CUA and reconnect them to your "master" and use SCUG to pull in the info. 

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean one CUA synchronizes itself to the other CUA?  any time there is an update in the slave CUA it sends the update to the master?   I don't think that is possible, never heard of it.  If you want to transfer users/roles from the other CUA in to the "master", and then stop using the old CUA, then you just disconnect all target systems from the old CUA and reconnect them to your "master" and use SCUG to pull in the info. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look into possibly using a custom ALE to move the information from 1 CUA to the other. Perhaps you can speak with a developer to see if a User Exit could be enhanced to move the information from 1 to the other when a User ID is saved.

I agree with Kesayamol that I do not believe there is a way to make CUA synchronize itself to the other CUA by using standard configuraton. If you connect 1 CUA to the other CUA, the child CUA will inherit the distribution model and you user administration will be stripped away (by default). You can however modify the SCUM settings to allow for local administration but just seems to get complicated from there.

Matt