cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check without SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our warehouse, one storage bin has capacity of holding two same size pallets and each pallet can hold 150 qty of XXXXXX material which means my bin can hold 300 qty max. Strategy of put away for the storage type is "I" addition to existing stock without mixing the materials, didn't activate SUM for this storage type and capacity method is "2" Check based on palletization accord. to SUT 1 with SUT check active.

Here my problem is, if i maintain LE quantity as 150   EA   E1(SUT), system is going to take two bins even though capacity of the bin is 300 qty.

If i maintain LE quantity as 300    EA    E1(SUT) or bin capacity as 300 qty then system will take one bin, but pallet usage (Storage unit identification) will not possible.

Which capacity check is suitable for my requirement and what are the parameters needs to be maintained in material master?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

As Mixed storage is not allowed , solution is simple here.

Please go to the storage type details & put capacity method as 3 i.e. Max Bin Quantity

Now to work with you also need to maintain master data . As per pallet you can hold 150 so please maintain the same as LE quantity it will help to split the quantity if you are working with more than 150 units. Also maintain the max bin quantity as 300 so as soon quantity exceeds you will get an error.

You need to extend the material to required storage type then only you can see the details in WM2 tab.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as both of you said, capacity method 3 is working for my problem, thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it should be capacity check '3'' which is based on the quantity

Frenchy