cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we delete codes in code group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created code group and code for a particular catalog. My client dont want those codes.I tried to delete codes.

But i want to change the codes and need to create new codes.System is not allowing me to delete.Following error is coming.

Code 0001 is being used and cannot be deleted

Message no. Q3221

Diagnosis

You want to delete a code from a code group. However, this code has already been used. An error could then occur in the affected application.

System Response

If you have set the "inactive" indicator for logical deletion in Customizing for the catalog type, the entry can be deleted despite the warning. You can then still find short texts for logically deleted codes in other applications.

If in Customizing for the catalog type you have not set the "inactive" indicator for physical deletion, the entry cannot be deleted, so that data consistency is guaranteed in other applications.

Procedure

If required (if necessary as a temporary measure), change the settings in Customizing for the catalog type.

Note: If a catalog entry is logically deleted, no catalog entry can be entered later with the same key.

Pls help me how to delete codes.

Thanks in adv

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The intend way by SAP is that you delete the codes after archiving all the objects that used the code.

Sujit gave you the customization that let's you delete the codes despite being used.

The issue is that if you have any custom reports that utilize the keys and texts of the catalog, they may no longer work since the values have been deleted.

Technically, they might still work because the code is still actually there.  It is why in the help file, you cannot use the same key again later on.  At least not until after it is archived off.

FF

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

You can not delete the codes from Code Group if those were used/assigned somewhere in SAP.

Better you set status as - "Cannot be used" in Codes which you don't want to use.

Hope this will help.

Regards, Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing : If a code of code gr is used somewhere then you can not delete it.

You can put "deletion flag" in order to make it Inactive but entry can not be deleted .

Also you look at customization :

Qcc0-->inspection planning -->basic data-->catalog--->define catalog type-->select catalog type-->details--> check indicator "deactivation " (Deactivate Deleted Catalog Entries)

this will gie you better idea !

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

I did as you guide and I can delete entry on QS41.

I just wonder what impacts on reference objects if we delete entry with  'X' usage indicator.

could you please help me to answer this?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no effect on previously created objects but if u deleted the entry having "X" usage indicators and that entry may lie in some reports then definitely there is an impact, ur data mismatched or outcome may wrong. so u need to care abt this. on other hand there is no impact on comin objects as far as stdn functionality is concern.

Regards

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shailndra,

Thank you so much for your quick respond. Could you please tell me whether this reports are standard ones or not?

Is there anyway to hide this code from user on creating process rather then deleting code on QS41? Please give me an advice.

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No here i m talkin abt the customized reports not the stadn. one, secondly yes it is possible to hide those codes which u marked as deleted one, it is through Catalog Profile, if u assigned the catalog profile and not mention those code in that then they are not visible to user.

Regards

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shailenra,

As I see on Catalog profile, we can just limit to the code group level not Code. I would like to hide some codes in code group, other codes in this code group are still in used. Could you please advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Well, as we all suggest that it is no possible once they used in objects, but if u really want to remove then remove it through table level entry ( Not Recommended by SAP practices) so as i mentioned either u keep them same their or use as i suggest but be cautious.

Regards