cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to party address in shipping Point???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the real time employees told me that the ship to address will be triggered primarily from the shipping point but not from the ship to party.

I wonder how can we maintain the addresses of several ship to parties in Shipping point???

Is it true that the ship to party address will be triggered from Shipping point.. if so how do we maintain shiping address data in Shp pt??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please understand what is the difference between both. What is your requirements?

Shipping Point:

An organizational unit in Logistics that performs shipping processing.

The shipping point is the part of the company responsible for the type of
shipping, the necessary shipping materials and the means of transport.

Example

Shipping points are a company mail depot or plant rail station.

Ship To Party:

A person or company that receives goods.

The ship-to party may not necessarily be the sold-to
party, the bill-to party, or the payer.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to agree infront of that real time guy but unable to convince myself regarding the logic he told me abt shipping point..anyways Thanks for the answers and clearing the air..

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that you are a learner and getting confused with the basic concepts.

Shipping Point is the place where the deliveries are processed and hence you can consider it as 'SHIP FROM' and the Ship To customer is the end point/destination for that delivery.

Regards,

Ravi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have understood SAP Organization elements.

Shipping Point is the place from where Goods are dispatched to Ship-To-Party. Thus Shipping Point can have only one address.

Also the Goods are dispatched to Ship-to-Party from Shipping Point so these two object need to have seperate address.

It will not be possible to determine Ship-to-Party address based on Shipping Point.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know the difference between Shipping Point and Ship To Party, this question would not have arised.  I am surprised to see your comments that SAP employee has said this. 

G. Lakshmipathi