cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro for Java

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created an Adaptive RFC in my WebDynpro Application. When I run my application nothing is happening. We are running SAP R3 4.6C. How can I find out if my backend system is executing the RFC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

Fixed the issue with help from a consultant

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mazurek,

When adaptive RFC does not show any data, there is some specific loopholes we should have check on:

1) Through external debugging check out if proper values are being sent to backend or not(for external debugging goto r3 go to transaction code se37, open your bapi->goto Utilities->Setting->Debugging->Here check if "Act" check box is activated or not), then put a break point in code and run application from WD. Then debugger will start at backend. Then you can check out if proper values are coming or not. If debugger does not start then there is something wrong in call itself. Then take a look at this ex: exactly matching to your requirement

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0b0e990-0201-0010-cc96-d7ecd2e517... [original link is broken]

2) If proper values are sent to backend then check in WD if output node is recieving values as output or not, using

wdContext.node<output node containing values>.size()

3) If proper values are coming in output node ie if it is showing size non zero for valid parameter in import then check if the node is properly bind to UI element .

If you are using table control then best way is use Apply template method in the context menu of RootUIElement of view.

4) or finaly check if any exception is thrown while executing model object.

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mazurek,

You can put a HTTP trace in R/3 function module and you can debug the Webdynpro application. Put an HTTP debug point in R/3 and make sure you use the same userid/password to login to R/3 and put a debug point and while creating the model class in your WebDynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazurek,

Refer to this tutorial on "help.sap.com" which shows the example on how to use the ABAP Functions.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ef69b6aa5a1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions</a>.

To check in R/3 go to the transaction se37 and enter the function module name and execute the RFC by pressing F8. Pass the required paramerters if any.

Regards,

Jhansi