cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure Stack XML is correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade NetWeaver 2004 with XI 3.0 to NetWeaver 7.3 (Usage Type PI).

In order to upgrade, I need to generate a stack XML file using Solman. How can I ensure that the stack XML file is accurate and performs upgrade to PI 7.3? Are there any other sources other than Solman from where I can generate the XML file.

regards

AKD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manual edit was the only option we had and that worked without any issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't quite see the option for selecting usage type (for option upgrade at least). Is there any documentation which I can follow?

regards

For the above point--Please maintian correct info in SMSY  for PI and create a solution in dswp.With this info in MOPZ you find current PI version ur in and in the upgrade option the target version... the correct stack xml file will be downloaded

Thanks,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I see mismatch in spite of maintaining latest information in SLD + solution created in DWSP. The stack XML generated wrong patch numbers for existing s/w components.

regards

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

First you you send the data to Solution Manager SLD from your XI.Next Use SMSY_SETUP t-code to get the data from SLD to SMSY.Then generate stack.xml.

Thanks

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to check the patch and support packs manually and correct them using notepad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not a good idea to manupulate the XML file. If you have your system correctly defined in Solution Manager system and added to a solution , You will get option for Upgrade in MOPZ when you select "Calculate Files Automatically" which is default.

Thanks

Prince

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to have correct information in stack xml file, you have to make sure of below points:

1) System information should be updated in SMSY.

2) While downloading packages from MOPZ, make sure that you select relative usage type.

3) You can get stack xml file only from Solution Manager.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I don't quite see the option for selecting usage type (for option upgrade at least). Is there any documentation which I can follow?

regards

Anil