Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a link in Input field

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to make the input field as a link to action. i.e. on click of that link i want to open another screen. currently i am using LINK_TO_ACTION for this purpose but it looks odd when i enable the link & also it doesn't have the border.

so i want to know how can i make the input field as Link and that is in the read only mode or can i have a border to the LINK_TO_ACTION.

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have a border like to at Link to action also. You have to use the design, layout information in combination to achieve the same.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi lekha,

pls explain in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider the layout as row/matrix to which your LTA(lin to action) UI element is there.

You have design property at both UI element level and also at the layout level. You need to use these two in combination so that it looks like a box or border around the LTA.

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Can you please explain in details? or share some document related to this ??

Thanks & Regards,

P$G

Former Member
0 Kudos

WDR_TEST_LAYOUTS if you refer to this, you will get to know more about the design property. You may do not get the exact look n feel like a input field but nearest can be achieved.

For ex: change the design property at LAYOUT DATA section of that UI element as FILL1, transparent, fill2, border trail and error so that you can know it.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not poosible currently.

Regards,

Sahai.S

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not have Link to URL in Input field.

These two are independant UI elements in Web Dynpro and they have their own significance interms of usage.

If you want Link to be given to URL, either you can use LINK TO ACTION or LINK TO URL UI Elements.

I have seen a requirement, where Material Number will be displayed in one Web Dynpro screen and upon clicking this material number it should display material details in another Web Dynpro application.

In this case, we have used LINK to ACTION UI element. Binding should be done to TEXT property of LINK TO ACTION UI element. As soon as material number displayed, it will be enabled with link.

you can have OnAction created for this UI element. Write the required code to navigate to the Material aplication in this Action Method.

Regards,

Bharath.