cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in E-mail Body in SC Rejection workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to send email for the requestor when SC is rejected by an approver. I have configured the steps mentioned by Masayuki

in the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1474142

Its working fine except the email body is empty when sending out email to the requestor. I have done changes to the standard text in Task description of task TS40007994 as per our requirement. We have also customized the Subject of email by changing the work item text. This change is working fine as the subject of the email is coming properly as per the current work item text.

But the email body is empty. Could someone help me find the reason for this or am i missing something? If i need to debug, then i would need the program(or Background job?) which sends out rejection emails for the Workflows. could anyone help me with that?

Above is the screenshot of chronological view of one SC flow when it is rejected and the task description is Email body test. But the email body is empty even in SOST. Any help or direction to approach the problem?

Thanks,

Kothand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kothand,

We are in SRM  7.0 and we use the program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND for sending out offline approval/rejection emails for SCs.

We have made some changes in email body for approval emails by using an implementation of BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI, in the method MAIL_DATA_GET.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Some one has implemented BADI /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND and cleared the email content inside. Fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help guys

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kothand

pls check this badi   BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI whcih is responsible for email communication from approval.

debug  the method MAIL_DATA_GET and MAIL_CREATE with the event APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_REJECTED and businees type BUS2121.  try to check the body of the e-mail and about the content.

the body of the emial should be in the smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION also check above event which SF is being called and the contents.

before debug the badi you have to keep bp at your badi implementation .

go to se38 execute the report RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP. it will jump to the same place where you keep bp in your implementation.

regards

sahil p