cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Attachments to documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm going through my blog posts and I wanted to use the new Document feature of SCN to upload my reference card (a PDF file). However, PDF files are not allowed as attachments. I'm not sure if that's a good idea in the long run - what do you think?

Thanks

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

This was a conscious decision to limit the file types that can be uploaded to the New SCN.  We wanted users to author their content online rather than attaching it: the content will be more visible and easier to find if it's authored online instead of something users need to download.

I saw the file you wanted to share and this could have been inserted as an image that was exported from the PDF.  I'll also tell you a little secret: you can upload PDFs to the SCN wiki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I specifically chose the PDF format because it's a vector format - the text and lines look good regardless of the size and resolution of the display or printer. If I export it to a raster image file, it not only gets rather large, but I also get the usual resizing artifacts when not printed or viewed at the same resolution. Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Volker

Answers (0)