cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Patch Level needed with upgrade to NetWeaver BW 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. I hope I'm in the right place.  Soon, our company will be upgrading to Netweaver BW 7.30 from "04" also known as Netweaver2004. My main concern is what is the BW patch level that is needed for the BEx to operate correctly?  We are currently using SAPGui 7.20, Patch level 8, with BW 3.5, patch level 6.  "BI" Components through the Business Explorer Check Installation tell me I have 7.20 Patch 201.  Since we are months away from the actual upgrade, I am unable to set up a test machine of any sort, but I want to be prepared in terms of the patch level needed for our BEx users.  We will already have Office 2010, 32-bit, rolled out by that time as well.  I have read many SAP Notes on the subject, but I am not QUITE finding out what I need to know.  I did notice on NOTE 1435529 that Patch Level 200 for the 720 GUI may be needed, but it sounds like we already have 201.  Please help/advise.  Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Our company is in a similar scenario.  Valero presented the following information at the BI 2012 conference.  Due to reasons we haven't discovered, Valero had to update the desktop to Patch 9 for SAP GUI 7.20, BI Add-On Patch 500, BW 3.5 Add-On Patch 6, JNET, and AFC 7.12 SP00 Patch 3.

We may hold out for SAP GUI 7.30 due out 2QTR/2012.

Our upgrade path includes updating SLOMAN to 7.1, BO to 4.0, BWA to 7.2, NUC NW/BI 7.01 to NUC NW/BI 7.2, and desktop updates as necessary.

Dan Mead

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan/Chris,

You might find a reply in the other message area

SAP NetWeaver Application Server

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-as

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dan.  Sorry for the delay in this response, but we had meeting since my original post and decided to move forward with SAPGui 7.20 for now, which has been "ready-to-go" for a few months.  The rollout of 730 should around this time next year...maybe later....so stay tuned!!  Thanks, again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, Jude.  We decided to go with SAPGui 720 this year (2012) and most likely rollout SAPGui 730 late 2nd quarter/3rd quarter of 2013.  I am gathering all the info I can so I can be prepared, so all input is very valuable.  I'm sure I'll be back!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you got your answer, however, BEx 3.5 is supported until the end of the BW 7.0 maintenance Cycle.  BEx 3.5 is not extended to BW 7.3 so you may be looking at the need to upgrade all your 3.5 to 7.0.  Good luck. 

- This can be found in the Product Availability Matrix(PAM)
- Note 1410878 - Maintenance for BW 3.5 Front end add-ons
- Here (Page 21)

Regards,
Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that link for Note 1410878.  With that, I can safely say I have all the information I need for now.  Looks like we'll be going to SAPGui 720 this year, then "730" in 2013, so for now, I am all set.  Thank you all for your responses!

Chris