Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML IDoc conversion: No known segments identified

hsonnenahalli
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts-

I am working on a scenario ABC to ECC. I am getting the following error in MONI:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!--  Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_RUNTIME</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>XML IDoc conversion: No known segments identified</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error: XML IDoc conversion: No known segments identified</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I have checked the blogs with respective this message and worked accordingly but still there is still same error. This interface was working fine couple of days back am not sure what went wrong. Please let me possible work around to fix this issue as soon as possible. This is very crucial for me.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

hsonnenahalli
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for inputs suggestion. There was cache issue and it is fixed now.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you map a constant 1 to the SEGMENT attribute of each segment that you build in the target XML? Your error might be caused by the nodes not being interpreted as segments properly by PI.

Hope this helps,
Greg

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take the payload data from moni and execute the test run in message mapping to see if the incoming payload structure is fine or not and see if the target structure result generated or not.

Also simulate the test run from integration directory configuration and try to reimport the idoc metadata.

Thanks,

Prasanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the matadata of IDoc in XI using IDX2 and reimport the IDoc.

Regards

Raj

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for this is the XML format does not correspond to a schema of an XML IDoc. No data segments could be found for the IDoc control record.

Check whether the XML format corresponds to a schema (IDoc type/Cim type) of the XML IDoc in the ESR.

Regards,

Deepak

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This appears to be problem with understanding the Idoc structure in PI. It should be related to some change in the Idoc structure in your ECC system. This could result from a change, an SP or EhP upgrade or application or some SAP Note. You should delete the metadat in idx2 of PI and try to reload it. If there is change in structure of Idoc, reimport the Idoc in ESR and mapping within.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava