Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My Client ( Service industry) already has billing plan assigned to sales doc type which they are using it today. Today final invoice is created when all goods & services are completed.

Requirement is to create one  50% invoice  which should be created when goods are shipped to custome and when services are completed final invoice should be created.

Can someone give me steps to configure how we can achieve this in standard SAP.

Thanks,

Manny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Your requirement can be met by using milestone billing.

You have to create 2 entries in the billing plan.

One with 31/12/9999 and another one with 31/12/9999.

Mention the percentage as 50 % for both the lines.

Now , after maintaining this configuration , you can either come back to sales order and make changes in the date. For example change  FIRST BILLING DATE 31/12/9999 to todays date if delivery happened today and then change the SECOND BILLING DATE 31/12/9999 to the date service is over.

You can do this automatically also by setting a background job which will consider the orders with billing plan and check whether the order's delivery/pgi is complete and if so, call a BDC to change the Billing plan date to the PGI date. Better to run this job every day.

Now i do not understand  your version of calculating the SERVICE COMPLETION DATE. If the same is entered somewhere in SAP, then it can also be read while performing the BDC.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Does BDC refer to Batch Data Conversion?

Regards

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tony Shen,

Yes.Batch Data Conversion

Tcode : SHDB

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Thank you. But I am confused about how to use BDC to change the Billing plan date to the PGI date.

I am sorry I am not familiar with BDC.

Regards

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tony Shen,

In the BDC recording, we will just do a recording of VA02 in which we will go to the billing plan and make a manual change in the billing dates.

In the program we will mention which dates should be filled in that respective fields.

I have worked on a similar requirement in the past. But here in this thread i am not aware how system will consider the END OF SERVICE.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I got it. I will practise the scenario based on what you said.

Thank you.

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Sorry to bother you too much time.

I have another question is ' how to check whether the order's delivery/pgi is complete', which program or Tcode?

Thank you!

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tony Shen,

Currently i do not have access to SAP . So i am unable to give you exact detail.

There are status tables like VBUK and VBUP which gives the different completion status.Please check.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I know the status which is in the header and item sales order. I want to get how to check it? You mentioned create a batch job? which one?

Hope you provide detail info as you are convenient!

Regards

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tony Shen,

Check VBUK-LFGSK.

As i told you before, i am not having SAP access now and hence i wont be able to give you exact details. But you can go through the fields in VBUK and get an idea on which fields get updated when an order is completely delivered.

When i get access, i will give you more appropriate reply.

I have mentioned about BACKGROUND JOB.

What i meant is, we will have a Z-Program which will consider all the documents (sales orders with billing plan) . Then this program will run a BDC for each of these documents and change the billing dates as per the logic we give. This Z-Program will be set as a background job (since we need this to happen automatically)

You can get details about background job scheduling in the below link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Background+Job+Scheduling+in+SAP

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for you great help as always.

I understood it more and more clearly.

I am a fresh guy in LOGISTICS.:) I want to learn much.....

Regards

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tony Shen,

Not a Problem. Happy Learning

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

spro-salesa nd distribution-basic functions -billing plan-

don't assign any dates to the plan .put blank in time period field so that plan dates can be entered without any limitations.

tony_shen7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manny,

The customizing routine is Sales and Distribution---Billing---Billing Plan, you can do alomost of configuration here. I think it is easy.

For your requirement, you can maintain 'RefBillPlanNo' in 'Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types', my suggestion is using  invoice date to control the bill date.

Maybe it is not the best solution:)

Regards